𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟖

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧 - 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

❁❁

It had been two tense days since Enzo got shot, and he was still recovering at the hospital. Celine and I tried our best to convince Louis not to hover by Enzo's side constantly, but deep down, we all shared a genuine fear of the dangerous situation. A gunshot was no trivial matter and the fact that the shooter was still at large terrified us all. We felt trapped within the confines of the school, unable to leave without guards accompanying us. The gravity of the situation was not lost on me, and the thought of my dad finding out made my heart race even faster. He wouldn't take this lightly.

"Okay, look, we can go, but only under one condition!" Celine demanded as we planned to visit Enzo at the hospital. "We are only staying for two hours. You are overwhelming Enzo by staying too long with him, Don't make a big deal out of it, Louis," she continued, her frustration evident.

"Fine, whatever," Louis replied, rolling his eyes. I sighed, understanding Celine's concern but knowing Louis was worried about his best friend, We left to get permission from the principal before heading to the hospital. The tension was palpable, and I could feel my heart racing as we got closer to seeing Enzo.

"Get in the car, we don't need to pack anything, TWO HOURS only, you hear me, Louis?" Celine said, trying to keep her voice firm. I could see that she was worried about Enzo, but she was also concerned about his well-being and the impact of our presence on his recovery. "Easy on him, Celine. It's his best friend, and he's sad too," I whispered, trying to calm her down a bit. "Okay, let's go," Celine said, "wait I forgot my phone, let me grab it real quick" I snapped, Celine nods, and I hurry back inside.

As I rushed back for my phone, a haunting unease gripped me. The room closed in, and an unsettling feeling of being observed sent shivers down my spine. With trepidation, I glanced at my phone and found a bone-chilling note hanging on the window, confirming my fears. And my heart pounded in my chest as I read the ominous words: "YOU SHALL DIE." Fear surged through my veins, and I hastily crumpled the note, hiding it in my pocket. I rushed out, my mind racing with thoughts of who could be behind this terrifying message. The world around me seemed darker, and the sense of impending danger left me on edge. As I got into the car, I handed the note to Celine, her eyes widening in terror, mirroring my feelings of dread. We were both scared,

Louis leaned in to read over her shoulder. Fear flashed across his face as he questioned, "Cinth, what the fuck is this?", "I don't know," I replied, trying to steady my voice despite the fear bubbling within me. "I found it hanging on the window back in the room", celine sighs, "we'll deal with this after we're done with Enzo," she says, as two guards hop inside the car to accompany us.

❁❁

We reached the hospital and walked inside, the more we move inside, the more men in dark-red suits appears, until we reached Enzo's corridor room, My eyes widened in shock and fear as I took in the scene before me. More men in dark-red suits, heavily armed, lined the walls, creating an intimidating presence. It felt like we were entering a high-security zone, surrounded by an impenetrable fortress.

The air was thick with tension, and I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched every step of the way. It hit me like a ton of bricks; this wasn't just a visit to check on a friend – it was like stepping into a dangerous world I'd only seen in movies. Celine gripped my hand tightly, her eyes reflecting the same unease and uncertainty that swirled inside me. Even Louis seemed on edge, though he tried to keep composed. The atmosphere was daunting, and I knew we were in for more than a simple visit with Enzo. This was an entirely different level of seriousness, making me anxious about what lay ahead.