Filler: A Collection of Events

Start from the beginning

I shook my head with another laugh as I replied, "Your life would be fine. It's not like I'm in high demand."

He gave me another look that said 'are you kidding me', but he didn't say anything since his fishing line straightened out and nearly pulled him into the sea. He shrieked as he flew off the railing and above the water. I quickly grabbed his hand to keep him from falling, but whatever fish was on the line was way stronger than it should have been. I had to grip the Sunny's railing and pull the two of us back on the lawn while Usopp struggled to keep his fishing rod in tact.

"IT JUST KEEPS SWIMMING AWAY!" the sniper panicked, the rod practically bending in half now.

I covered my hands in haki and grabbed onto the actual fishing line instead of the rod. "Don't worry, I'll save you, Usopp!" I shouted dramatically. I placed my feet onto the railing and tugged violently at the line. Miraculously, it didn't snap. The thing at the end of the line went flying into the air instead. I flew back onto Usopp and crashed onto the floor, both of us not moving as we stared up at the creature. It was so big that it's body shaded us from the sun. Usopp started screaming again as it came falling down towards the ship. It had to at least be the size of a small sea king. It was definitely some kind of sea creature, though.

Luffy jumped into the air all of a sudden and caught it. "WOOHOO! Usopp and (y/n) caught dinner!" he cheered.

Chopper cheered from the end of the ship that Luffy had launched off from. Only then did I realize something was burning behind Usopp, who had me practically in his lap. We both looked over our shoulders. Sanji was on fire, glaring down at the sniper. He must have come out of the kitchen upon hearing we caught something. Usopp broke into a sweat at the sight of the cook.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO (Y/N)-SAN?!" the blond yelled. I shifted off of Usopp so he could make a break for it, which he did immediately.

I grabbed Sanji's ankle before he could run after the sniper. The flames around the blond died and he smiled sweetly at me. "Could you help me up, Sanji?" I asked.

"Of course I can, (y/n)-swaaan~!" he chimed, holding his hand out.

I grabbed onto it and stood up, "Thank you so much. Could you show me how you'll cook that fish we caught? And could you tell me what it's called?"

He had hearts in his eyes as he grabbed the fish and led me into the kitchen. I put a thumbs up behind me as Usopp saluted me from the side of the ship. I have both saved him and got myself some time with Sanji. I'd call this a win.

———

~another day post timeskip~

I stretched my hand a bit as I gazed at the seagulls flying above me. I wonder what it's like to fly like that. Surely, it has to be tiring living around the New World and flying through all the sudden storms. Someone needs to study these birds. And probably the ones that work for the newspaper as well. They've gotta have some kind of power I don't know about. Like, how do they always find our boat when we're at sea?

"(Y/n)!" Luffy's voice came from behind me.

I moved my notebook from off the railing and closed the pages around my pencil. "Hey, Luffy," I greeted as I turned around, only to duck down. He went flying over my head and over the railing of the ship. He stuck a hand out just before he hit the water, grabbing the railing before he drowned.

When he pulled himself back up, he flung upwards and landed on his feet in front of me. "(Y/n)! What were you writing just now?" he chimed, looking at the hand that held my notebook.

I stepped beside him and opened the book, showing him the latest page. "I didn't think you'd be interested in this kind of stuff, but basically, it's an adventure log. I've got plenty of information from our adventures in here," I told him.