- XVII.

Merlin had figured out before they landed that the implants Valentine had used emitted a counter signal to make sure that the individual with the implant wasn't affected by the waves from the SIM cards that caused everyone else to go violent. He'd also figured out that the implant could superheat the soft tissue by command, just to make sure no one said anything about his plan.

Once they had landed though, it was finally time for Roxy to use the machine, which is what was going on now.

"The higher you go, the more the balloons expand," Merlin says. "When you reach the edge of the atmosphere, they'll explode. You'll need to deploy your missile just before that."

Roxy takes a deep breath in and nods. "Got it."

"And once you've deployed, you'll need to—"

"Release for descent fast, yes Merlin," Roxy says with a smile. "I got it."

Merlin nods. "Alright, then. Good luck."

"Good luck Rox!" Lynn says as she waves at her friend. "You're got this!"

Roxy smiles at Lynn before staring straight ahead as she lifts off the ground. Lynn watches before going back inside of the plane, where Merlin was telling Eggsy what to do.

"You're gonna need to give them his real name, Chester King," Merlin says. 

"So what are you doing in all this?" Eggsy asks.

Merlin raises his eyebrows at him. "Well I'm your pilot. I'm going to stay here, make sure there's no trouble. The simple stuff."

Eggsy sighs. "This gonna fit me?"

"A bespoke suit always fits, just be grateful Harry had it made for you," Merlin says simply. "Now, get dressed, both of you." He walks back to the cockpit of the plane.

"You go ahead and get changed," Eggsy says. "I can wait."

Lynn nods and heads to the very back of the plane where she wastes no time getting changed into her Kingsman suit. She was glad to have it, and she was even more glad that it was bulletproof. She knows she's able to dodge bullets pretty well, but now there's a slimmer chance that she'll actually get hurt. 

She hears a knock on the wall to her right before the curtain opens and Eggsy steps in, already in his suit with his glasses on. "That suit definitely suits you," Lynn says. 

Eggsy crosses his arms as he leans against the entryway as he watches Lynn struggle with her tie. "D'ya need help?" 

"No, no," Lynn shoos him off. "Let me do it."

A grin slowly grows on his face as he continues to watch her struggle. "Lynette, luv, you ain't even close to getting it on."

"If you shut your mouth I can get it," Lynn says as she angrily messes with the untied tie. "This thing is a fuckin' cunt, I tell ya," She mutters under her breath. "Whatever, I give up."

Eggsy walks up to her as he begins to tie her tie. "Nervous?"

"Nah, you?" Lynn asks.

Eggsy shrugs. "Na, just ready to murder Valentine is all," He says simply. "Definitely scared to fuck up."

"Psh, you'll do fine," Lynn says. Eggsy finishes tying her tie. "We'll both do fine."

Eggsy nods. "You're right, thanks."

Lynn looks at him and sees that he's still wearing the necklace she gave him. She nudges his shoulder as they walk out. "May wanna take that necklace off."

Eggsy doesn't reply, he simply tucks it in, making it so it isn't visible. "Looking nice, lads," Merlin says. "C'mon, about to land."

The three go to the cockpit of the plane as Merlin takes a seat in the pilot's seat before putting on a headset. "This is November-2-4-7-Charlie-Kilo, requesting permission to land."

There's silence before a voice replies: 

"Permission is granted." 

Two giant iron gates open in a mountainside, causing both Lynn and Eggsy to go wide-eyed.

"Fuck me," Eggsy says, slight worry in his voice.