━━ i know what you're doing

Start from the beginning

how does one think he can act all smug and evil? how does one think it's possibly okay to look good literally a second after he woke up? how does matt sturniolo have the audacity to live?

"i want you dead," she mumbled, snuggling deeper into his blanket so she didn't have to suffer with looking at his stupid fucking face anymore.

"you sure have a big mouth compared to your actions," he shook his head, standing up from his bed. he pulled his shirt over his head, and madelina's insult died right on her tongue when she raised her head from the blanket. matt noticed this and this earned the girl some more deep chuckles. "okay lina." he mumbled, his voice still raspy. he quickly threw a clean shirt over his head, and all madelina could do was glare at him.

she honestly had no clue on what to say to him, and it killed her. she always had a quick insult in the back of her mind somewhere, but now it was just all a big blur.

"i have nothing to say to you," she eventually shrugged, and matt scoffed with a small grin, shaking his head while he watched her step out of his bed. "absolutely nothing."

she planted a small, obvious fake smile on her lips, and started making his bed. matt his nose scrunched up, and looked at her weirdly.

"what are you doing?"

"...making the bed, you fucking idiot?" she retorted, her faux smile immediately vanishing. she looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to say anything else, and when it was clear he wasn't, she sighed.

"you can go now," she gave him a tight-lipped smile, motioning for him to go with her hands. "bye."

he didn't move an inch, and madelina just sighed before continuing the cleaning. matt raised his head slightly as he watched her fold his clothes in pure amusement, and madelina whipped her head around when she heard him chuckle under his breath.

"what's so funny?"

"nothing." he immediately shut his mouth, and stood up a little straighter, as he unconsciously started to feel a little nervous and intimidated by her firm gaze. she squinted her eyes a little, and she dropped his folded clothes on his bed before stepping towards him. he took small steps backwards and eventually ended up with his back pressed against the wall.

"i know what you're doing, matt." was all she said, before wasting no time escaping to the bathroom to brush her teeth. he furrowed his eyebrows, and stayed still for a few seconds, processing her words. i know what you're doing? what did that mean?

even though deep down, the boy knew it was obviously about the unspoken occurrence yesterday.

madelina sighed softly to herself and pressed her hand against her forehead- both from her own stupidity and the headache she got from drinking too much.

she locked the bathroom behind her, and finally dared to look in the mirror, her face looked- clean? what the fuck? when did that happen?

she furrowed her eyebrows, and wiped her hands over her eyes, waiting for the mascara to smear. when it didn't, it only confused her more. she did not take it off last night. her memory after drinking is perfectly fine, so she couldn't have possibly forgotten if she took it off.

she just sighed again, and opened their cabinet, grabbing the spare toothbrush chris had bought for her since she spends most of her nights here anyway.

her mind started wandering back to last night again, and she shut her eyes in the hopes the image would disappear. she felt the embarrassment deep in her veins, and wanted to disappear through the fucking floor because? what the fuck?