𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐦

just let me dream a little more

later in the early evening, melissa and ponyboy were outside, sitting in her back porch while silently smoking cigarettes and admiring the sunset. kate had gone out on a "date" with sodapop, but melissa was one hundred percent sure that kate had gone out with the other guy who she saw kate with the other day.

kate had met sodapop's gang about a few hours after she was with her possible lover. she had told melissa everything although melissa tried her best to not tell kate what she had seen earlier.

the sunset was beautiful as usual, the sun consisted of a nice vibrant yellow-orange color while the skies and clouds consisted of shades from blue to purple. while the sun slowly set, it casted a warm glow upon the whole neighborhood in the middle of the chilly and slightly breeze weather.

"what are you thinkin' of ponyboy?" melissa spoke. "i don't know, just life i guess," ponyboy shrugged. "what are you thinkin' 'bout?" he asked. melissa bit her lip gently, trying to restrain herself from smiling at the thoughts of sodapop. "well.. i think i like someone" she mumbled.

"ooh who's the lucky guy?" ponyboy asked with a grin. "i'm not sure if you know him. but he's handsome, real handsome. he's got these nice blue eyes that are like a clear blue that shines like diamonds. i think he's a greaser considering that he has greasy hair. he also has a tendency to smile a lot, he looks like a perfect hollywood star" melissa smiled.

"what's his name?" ponyboy asked, thinking he knew who the guy was. "that's the thing, his name's not weird.. but interesting but i don't know why i'm saying this when you're literally named after a horse," she laughed. "his name's sodapop. i met him at the drive-in about a few days ago" she said with a slight pace. ponyboy's eyes slightly widened in shock, scaring melissa a bit.

"what's wrong?" she asked, giving him a weird face. "he's my brother" he confessed with a sly grin. "oh my god!" melissa said in shock, running a hand through her hair, something she did when she was either nervous or embarrassed.

"i ain't gonna tell him if that's what you think" he said. "you better not because one he has a girlfriend and two he probably really likes her. i'm probably gonna be just a friend to him but i'll probably get over him soon" she shrugged.

"yeah. i met her a few hours ago when sodapop brought her home. she was nice but she kinda looks cranky at the same time but i can't really say anything since i barely know her" he nodded. "yeah" she nodded.

"but do you plan on tellin' soda how you feel?" he asked. "i haven't really thought of that. but no, i don't think i will. i'd probably just ridicule myself if i even did that" she shook her head.

"oh yeah, the other day i bought me an elvis vinyl but the songs weren't too catchy like i thought they'd be. do you want it?" she asked. "heck yeah" ponyboy grinned. they both walked inside to melissa's room which wasn't that messy anymore and it looked more organized. melissa grabbed the box full of vinyls and went through them to find the vinyl she was looking for.

"here" she said, handing ponyboy the elvis vinyl. "sodapop likes elvis, maybe i could tell him you gave it to him" he said. "if you do, i'll stick a goddamn stick up your fuckin' ass and i'll feed you to some coyote i find in the hills or some shit" she warned. "i was joking melissa, no need to get defensive" ponyboy giggled.

"then don't tell him" melissa crossed her arms. "i won't don't worry. maybe you could come over to my house and see him. i'm sure my oldest brother wouldn't mind, i tell him lots about you and i'm pretty sure he'd be okay with inviting you over" he suggested.

"i'll think about it," she nodded slowly. "well, it's getting dark. you should get home before you get in trouble" she said. "i'll see ya at school" he said, gently patting her shoulder. "nah i think i'll see you at some rodeo" she laughed as ponyboy walked away with a slight eye roll.

about an hour later, kate opened the door and walked inside. she earned a growl from dog, who was trying to bite her bag. "get off me!" she yelled. "hey kate" melissa greeted with a fake smile. "melissa, your dog won't leave me the fuck alone!" kate sneered.

"c'mon kate, he's just a dog not a monster" melissa said, crossing her arms. "true," kate sighed, sitting down on the couch. "sorry, i'm just so stressed out" she said.

"how come?" melissa asked. "i don't know, i feel like my relationship with sodapop is moving on too fast. i don't even know why i wanted to date him, he's too sweet and well.. i don't know" kate shrugged.

"you should have a reason considering that you made me wait outside for more than an hour" melissa said sarcastically. "look, i wasn't wearing my watch so i didn't know i was inside for too long. it felt like fifteen minutes inside" kate rolled her eyes.

hi pookies 😊

hi pookies 😊

it's been a while since i updated 😞

so i've been feeling somewhat better but i'm just so nervous for school and i'm having anger issues for personal reasons rn but i'll probably get over it

i wrote this like in an hour or two yesterday and i completely forgot i was writing this book bc i've been too focused on my future books 😋

stay gold 💋🫶

~ alma