"Why are you shocked, it's only practice" A voice makes me look back "I know but I am so excited and happy, I can't even tell you h-" I was suddenly cut off by Elias "Don't tell me then, did I ask?" he taunted making me roll my eyes. I sigh "My bad, sorry for a second I forgot you were an asshole" I snarled and now it was his turn to roll his eyes.

I shake my head ignoring him because nothing will spoil my mood tonight. I look out to see the race starting "Where's Lorenzo?" I question making Elias chuckle and respond with "In front of you" I look at him shocked and then turn my attention to the starting race. I learned that the track was 10 miles long and the distance goal was 80 miles so, they had to do 8 laps while switching people between each one.

Time passed by in a blur, Elias and Lorenzo were switching to race. After finishing their seventh lap and still being in the lead, everyone was taking a rest now, making me interested and I walked out of the "cage" they kept me in and told me it might be dangerous for me to go out. I walk downstairs as people look at me weirdly. I looked to try to find Lorenzo or Zena but they were nowhere to be found. I walk around a little more but before I could get anywhere far away someone pulls me back. I turn to see a fuming Elias behind me, "Why are you here? Your brother's would kill me if something happened to you so do as you're told and stop causing trouble. Understand?" He snarled, making my eyes narrow.

"Firstly, you don't tell me what to do. I am my own person and you don't hold any authority over me that I would listen to you. Secondly, my life, my decisions if I wanna leave I will, if I don't wanna do something I won't do it and if my brother's do kill you that's a you problem making it none of my business. Understand?" I hissed back at him in anger making him clench his fists, he grabs my hand and starts walking somewhere making me pull back but my attempts of escape failed miserably.

He walks up to a car and opens the door pushing me in the driver's seat. "Sit here until I get your brother and I swear to fucking God Alora, you cause anymore trouble I will fucking kill you" He said in a monotone voice and instead of getting scared that made me more angry but before I could do anything he shuts the door. I rolled down the window hoping to yell at him but unfortunately I couldn't see him anywhere. I sigh and lay back on the seat waiting for someone to show up, as if God had listened when a guy comes next to me in a car. I look at him confused. "Who are you?" I asked politely but he looked at me like a hunter looking for its prey, sending shivers down my spine. I swallow nervously, making him give me a horrifying smile.

"Who are you?" he questions back but quickly continues before I could say something else "I am a racer and by the looks of it, I think you are too?" Hearing that I quickly shake my head telling him "I'm not actually."

"You sure?" he says seeming unconvinced I nod making him hum "Why"

"Well for starters you are in my opposing racer's car and sitting almost near the starting line plus the race is about to start in a few minutes." He explains looking ahead, making me gasp. Whoa! Did Elias really leave me here? Before I could get out of the car "You should race against me. You look like you want to" he says looking at me. I sigh, shaking my head. You promised yourself you wouldn't Alora. "Come on, try it. You know you want to! I'll be waiting at the start line if you change your mind" He says driving ahead. I clench my hand into fists so tight my hand starts shaking and before I knew it I hit the race pedal. He looked at me with a smirk and I knew I'd regret it but it was too late. "Ready" the person asks to which I nod. The loud horn sound started indicating to everyone that the race was going to begin. The gun goes off and my foot makes contact with the race. I knew that guy was behind me a little but I didn't pay attention. I had to win this and I will.

I kept speeding up but when I saw an upcoming curve I quickly changed my feet positions and drift. The adrenaline in my body was making my heart race in fear and excitement. This thrill, this power and this position felt as if I went back in time. Suddenly, something hits my car making me move to the side. I try to figure out what had happened but another hit comes and my car loses balance, I try to speed up as I now know that the guy is hitting me with his car. Gosh that is so illegal, what am I even saying this whole race is illegal. I move to the opposite side of his car still in the lead. This goes on for a while before I see another curve, I quickly speed up and turn the steering wheel while lifting my foot.

My heart raced and my breathing quickened, the adrenaline had worn out and now I was feeling the negative consequences but I didn't slow down now as I could see the finish line. I looked in the rear mirror to see the guy trying to hit the car again and I quickly switched and moved to the opposite direction. I moved again when I noticed him behind me. I could do nothing except speed up but it was too dangerous if I went too fast. I looked at the finish line and pressed my foot harder making me go faster and then as if everything had slowed down I went over the line and slowed my speed.

I did it, I won. I slow the car down and press the brake to get out, I see Zena running towards me with a worried look "Are you okay?" she asks when she reaches me making me quickly nod, "You were awesome, where did you learn how to race like that?" she asks, hugging me. In response I just laugh. "Oh by the way, Lorenzo is pissed" she whispers and turns to look at my now angry brother walking towards me with a stone cold face Elias walking behind him. Lorenzo walks over, I open my mouth to give an explanation but his actions shock me. He comes and hugs me tightly. "Do you have any idea how worried I was? What if something happened to you huh?" He whispers while hugging me, making my heart drop in guilt. I never thought if something happened to me what would Lorenzo do? What would he say to everyone? I hug him back and apologize "Let's go home now." I nodded and followed him when I felt as if someone was burning holes in my back.

I turn to see the same guy glaring at me, he tilts his head and mouths watch out. I gulped and held Lorenzo's hand as we walked. The car ride was silent, not the calming silence but the dreadful one, the one that suffocates you without doing anything.

Elias and Zena dropped me and Lorenzo home and left. We walked in to see all the lights on, we looked at each other and went to the living room only to see everyone including dad, their expressions filled with worry. I clear my throat making everyone look at us, Bruno jumps up and hugs me. "Gosh, are you okay?" he asked "yea" I gave him a simple yet small answer.

"Both of you in my office" Dad announces getting up and walking away. This was the first time I had heard him talk in such a cold voice even at the police station his voice held a soft touch but now it was so cold as if we were strangers. Me and Lorenzo quickly follow him.

Entering the office I see Alexander, Vincenzo and Luca had also followed us. Dad silently pointed us to sit before asking "Where were you?" he asked calmly, making both of us gulp. "Um.. out" Lorenzo says giving an awkward smile which clearly made him more mad "Why were you two at a car race without informing any of us and why were you there in the first place? Do you know how dangerous it could have been?" He yells, making me shrink back into the chair "I'm sorry." I looked at my brother who said the same thing as me. "That was very immature of you, Lorenzo. I understand Alora doesn't know most things but you knew everything, you knew why it could be so dangerous to bring her there. How could you act so irresponsibly?" Alexander questions, his voice filled with authority making Lorenzo look down.

"I wanted to go too" I interrupt softly making everyone look at me. Dad sighs "Get some sleep, we will discuss the consequences of your actions tomorrow" Dad says getting up and leaving the room, one by one everyone leaves and I sit alone with my head hung low thinking about the consequences.

Would they kick me out?

Will they do the same things mother did?

A fear started to sink in but above that a feeling of sadness was interrupting my thoughts, a question bugging me making my eyes water. Did I just lose the only people that cared? My chest stared to hurt as if someone stabbed me with a knife. It hurts to think that..

I disappointed them.

Author's note

Hello! How are you? How was the chapter? Hope you all are great and enjoying life ;)

Quote of the day!

Those who care, will know the message of you silence.