"Leave me alone, Ryon," she laughed.

"Bae, I'm pulling up to the diner. Soon after, I'll see you," I said.

"Bye, beautiful," he said, and I cut the call and parked getting comfortable with his constant endearment.

"This is cute, Sib," Kay said as we got out of the vehicle. "You ever eat here?" she asked.

"Once," I answered.

”One thing about you is that you always know where to find food." She laughed as we entered the front door, and the little bell jiggled, making everyone aware of our entrance.

"Okay, spill it," I said after we took our seats at the open-view window after waiting for a few minutes for a table to become vacant. The waiter had just taken our orders and delivered our drinks

"Spill what?" Kay asked, looking at me with her striking brown eyes, and for some reason, her dark brown complexion glows this morning.

"You know... I'm no fool, so do not treat me like one."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Kay said, locking into my eye challenge.

"I've been watching you for the past two weeks. I know something is going on with you, and I want to know what's bothering you or if I can help in any way. You're not yourself, and I know because you're my girl."

Kay signed and then took a sip of her drink. "I don't know if I'm ready to... talk." She sighed again and slouched in her seat. "Talking about it makes it real and that's the trouble."

"Come on," I raised my brows, and she knows I wasn't going to let her off the hook until she talked. We've been too strong for too long for me to just sit and wait for her to open up even if it's the right thing to do at this point. I honestly want her to know she can count on me the way she is always here for my dilemma. I took a sip of my drink, waiting patiently for her to start talking.

"It's nothing really, and I..." she said.

"It doesn't look that way, especially from where I'm sitting," I cut her off. "I've waited for you to open up, but since that's not happening, this is my only option, so do not insult my intelligence. I love you. you mean more to me than words can describe, you're my Kay bear, and I'm done waiting. So?"

"Okay, okay," she places her hand on mine. "I love you too," she said, laced our fingers and squeezed hers with mine. She smiled, and her eyes softened. I may be the only person who knows under her tough exterior, and spitfire's mouth lies the softest of hearts and the gentlest of souls. Kay's exterior was a protective mechanism for her heart, especially after Brandon.

"What is it, Kay?"

"Raymond could lay pipes," she confessed and it was the last thing I expected to hear.

"The man sorted me out properly two weeks ago. Had me talking in tongues and testifying. I also called the lord's name in vain more times than I cared to count," she said, and my mouth dropped to the fucking floor.

"Keyana!" I erupted in laughter.

"Don't laugh. The man was a demon. Had me soft like pudding while he rearranged my shit."

"You horny bitch is that what got you like this," I laughed.

"No... that's not the problem."

"Then what's the problem."

"I'm catching feelings and it scares me. Worst of all I was scared that dick was going to make me want him more. Then I can't tell if it's the dick or him," she said.