*+:。.。𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 || 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐞。.。:+*

Start from the beginning

Arriving at the scene, you felt yourself panic. A creature similar to that of a wolf was biting at the leg of Thomas. The creature's fur was painted jet black and a deep red. But its physical appearance was the least of your concerns right now.

"Thomas, you have to calm down." You cautiously warned staying still and idle in your spot. But to no avail, he kept thrashing around making the creature's teeth only sink deeper into his leg.

Deciding to intervene, you try pushing the creature off. This did work but at the cost of your left arm. Its teeth sunk fairly deep into your arm. You only hissed in pain, biting your tongue to hold yourself back from thrashing too much. You stayed perfectly still, relaxing your muscles with the intention of being viewed as harmless to the creature.

However, this action seemed to have provoked it more. Its fangs only sunk deeper, amplifying the pain.

"AHHH FUCK-" your eyes shut tightly and you balled your fists in response to the pain. As second nature, your right hand flew to grip the upper part of your left arm. You so badly yearned to tug away. You wanted to scream, but you knew doing so could induce further aggravation.

But alas, the smiling creature's malevolent nature only flourished. It bit down harder.

"AHHHH STOP IT-" the excruciating pain was too overwhelming to bear. The pain grew and grew, you felt susceptible to fainting any second.

But, in an instant, all that intolerable pain ceased.

You slowly preened your eyes open, eyes darting back and forth to the demonic dog and your bloody arm. Your breath hitched but slowly reverting to a moderate pace.

"How...How?" your voice trembled, laced with confusion and concern. Why had the pain ceased? Was it adrenaline?

No...It wasn't.

"What the fuck...?"

A scarlet red wispy and swirls oozed out from the punctures on your arm. You felt your tracting muscles soothe themselves as the pain dissipated. Blood, still seeping from your arm, also turned into red little wisps. As if that blood you were losing...wasn't yours.

Due to your lack of pain and struggle, the smiling dog withdrew from its attack.

You felt its teeth slowly release from your arm.

"Good...dog? Yeah, I'm just gonna call you dog."

It began...smiling...smiling as widely as a human would. While this did frighten you deeply, you tried your best not to show it. You knew that it was imperative you're not viewed as a threat.

"God...you are...ugly..."

Slowly, you took off your hoodie leaving you only in a shirt. You grabbed your knife and cut your hoodie in half. Using the first half, you tightly wrapped the fabric around your left arm. You handed the other half to Thomas, who also wrapped his wounds.

"Thank you, uhh, Y/n right?"

"Yup, that's my name. You're welcome, Thomas." You pause for a second, "I would say be calm and still with hostile creatures- but this little shitfart is definitely a special case. Seems it simply gets off knowing its victim is in pain."

"Yeah...but, what the hell was that? Coming out of your arm?" his voice trembled as he asked.

"I...I'm not sure myself. But it's obvious it's that stupid Zaloly? No- Zalgo vessel stuff."

"It seems like, what just happened...that red stuff...increases tolerance to pain? That or just transforms the area of injury into a non-tangible state...that's just a guess though," Thomas rambled, fumbling with the cloth around his injury.