45

The next day, like Edgeshot had told you before, you were all dressed up and ready to go on your first ever official patrol around the bustling city of Hosu.

As you and the number five hero made way to the entrance of the agency, you saw the sidekicks lining up as they waited to see who will be accompanying Edgeshot today.

"Flashgate, Silver Bullet. Come with us." The two immediately straightened and gave a firm nod as they walked forward and joined you and Edgeshot in the walk to the exit.

"Flashgate, please make sure to keep an eye on Iris. She will be assisting, but make sure to keep her safe." He then turned to you, "I know you already have some experience with villains, but you are still young. Try observing from the sidelines, as it is safer. Although, if necessary, you are to protect yourself until any of us can get to you. But please don't use your quirk unless absolutely necessary, you don't have a hero provisional license yet, so it is still very much illegal for you to use your quirk." You obediently nodded, making him nod back and turn away from you.

"Silver Bullet. Please refrain from using your prototype bullets. We do not have Box Fist at the moment, hence cleaning up will be much harder...." The shy adult nodded shakily, making you give him a side-glance before turning your gaze away.

Flashgate was actually walking beside you, a serious look plastered on her face but you could tell she was taking her role of protecting you, very seriously. She wasn't even letting you walk on the side of the footpath closer to the cars, and made you walk inside.

Speaking of protecting, you finally had a gun!! Although it was just a make-shift one until your actual, customized gun came tommorow, being sent by the Support Team at UA. But still! It's a whole ass gun, just for your use!

How cool is that!

"Iris, an important part of heroing is building up a reputation. It is somewhat of a double-edged sword. Because while being unknown in a hostage situation or in a situation where the villain's knowledge of your quirk can lead to your downfall, is bad. But at the same time, reputation also helps in reassuring the civilians and sometimes, lowering the morale of villains."

Edgeshot explained to you as he walked ahead of all of you, his gait was swift and soundless, reminding you to constantly maintain the way to walk that he had taught you yesterday. Flashgate caught sight of you trying to subtly copy Edgeshot and a small smile made way to her lips, even though it was masked and there was no way of knowing.

You were probably one of the only teenagers she was willing to tolerate.

Meanwhile, Silver Bullet just looked like he wanted to go home and hide in a hole for the rest of his life.

As you four walked through the streets of Hosu, Edgeshot continued to tutor you on various duties of heroes, like for instance: a hero's priority should always be the civilians lives. Not even apprehending the villain is as important as saving the civilians.

And that to always try to remain calm, no matter what. Panicking will never help, so you should stay calm and collected even if there is a hostage situation.

You stuffed every bit of information he gave you, into the very depths of your brain, knowing that it'll probably be important later on since it was coming from a pro-hero.

While walking, you all walked past a mother and son, holding hands. You really hadn't paid it much mind until you heard a gasp from them and turned to look in their direction.

The kid looked at your group with a shine in his eyes, so bright that it could rival a supernova. You figured that maybe he was just excited to see Edgeshot. I mean, he's the number 5 hero, of course any kid would be excited to see him.