29

The next day at the train station, Kaibara eyed you in worry, "Hey, [Last Name]-san... I heard that my classmates went to pick on you guys yesterday... I'm sorry about them, we're not all like that." He explained and you gave him a small smile, "It's fine, Kaibara-san! It's not like your classmates were the one that insulted us the most..." You growled in annoyance when you remembered that Shinsou guy.

"Oh... But still, the only one's who are like that are Tetsutetsu and... well, Monoma." You turned to him and patted his shoulder with a grin, "Jeez, I said don't sweat it! I won't hold you accountable for something your classmates did!" He seemed somewhat relaxed by that, and then you mentioned the Sports Festival.

"Are you nervous, Kaibara-san?" He shook his head at your question as you both got off the train, "Not really, I'm actually excited... I want to show my capabilities to the all the pros that'll be watching."

"I'm sure you'll do great! I just hope I'll do well too!" He smiled and ruffled your hair, saying that you'll definitely do amazing. While you doubted that, you appreciated his gesture.

When you entered your classroom, everyone (actually, it was just Kaminari and Mineta) looked at you in fear, "H-Hey! [Last Name]-chan! Great weather we're having, right?!" Kaminari spoke up and you couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his reactions.

But it seemed that even you raising an eyebrow managed to get him to back away in fear, "Uh... What's going on?" You asked Yaoyorozu as you sat down at your seat and she giggled upon seeing your confusion, "Kaminari-san and Mineta-san have been fearful since yesterday after they saw you get angry."

You scoffed at their actions, "I'm not some angry gremlin. Come on, Kaminari-san can deal with Bakugo but he's scared of me? That's just preposterous..." She only chuckled at your words and gave you a sweet smile, "But you did lookvery admirable yesterday! You stood up for all of us, thank you so much!" Her praise managed to get your cheeks to flare up.

You didn't exactly fight for the entire class, exactly...

It was more like you were taking your anger and annoyance out on Shinsou. But it's not like you regretted saying anything, he's the one who started it.

Soon, the class slowly poured in and as Todoroki walked by you, he gave you a glance before sitting down.

God... You really don't enjoy him glaring at you, it's gotten quite old.

So this time, you stared back at him, catching him off-guard. You stared right back at him as he held your gaze, unwavering and constant. Both you and him were having a staring contest. Your eyes were glaring holes into him with the straightest face you could make and after some time, he got so uncomfortable that he diverted his gaze.

Hell yeah! You win this round!

Maybe you should do this more frequently, if this gets him to stop staring at you!!

————

You had watched some videos of the previous Sports Festivals and it seemed like almost all the last rounds were the same; one-on-one fights.

Now, you don't know what to expect from the first few rounds but you figured you might as well train your body because you have good enough control over your quirk.

So, your go-to person was your brother. Being in the police forces, it certainly meant that not only was he a fit dude but he also knew how to throw a punch or two. And so, you begged (more like bribed him with the promises of cooking his favorite food) him to teach you how to fight.

Since he didn't have a fighter quirk either, he also was very reliant on hand-to-hand combat. But the difference was that for him, he could read his enemies minds mid-way and dodge their attacks before they even attacked him.