27

The first thing you see after waking up was the blinding lights on the ceiling above you. The sickeningly sterile scent of the hospital wafts in your nose and you subconsciously let out a grumble.

Your mind is still trying to comprehend where you are and what happened. You don't exactly feel any pain, just a little stinging but nothing too much. The side of your face has a slight burning feeling, like you just put alcohol on an open wound.

But even that is a pulsing pain, aching one second and going away the other.

Your eyes slowly adjust to the light, and you realise that you can't really see from your right eye. No, it's like something is blocking you from opening your right eye. It takes you some time to realise that it's a roll of fresh, clean bandages.

You feel the pressing weight of the bandages on your head too, and slowly, memories start rushing in.

"Ah... USJ, and the... villains, Nomu..." It was as if someone just heard that, the sound of the chair scrapping against the floor entered your ears and you cringed at its shrilling noise.

"[Name]?" A feminine voice rings in your ears and you slowly lift your head, not feeling as much pain as you were expecting, "[Sister Name]." You're not sure if you're still out of it, because an experience that scary should have left you sobbing right now, but you feel oddly calm.

Maybe because you realise that you stopped Aizawa from dying?

Or maybe it's because that you being with your sister means that the villains are gone and you're safe now.

Nevertheless, your sister's eyes widen and before she could hug you, she rushed to get the doctor. You're still in your oddly serene state and don't think much of what she's doing at the moment. You just lie your head back, thinking if your father would be worried. Of course he would, you just hope he's okay.

When the doctor comes rushing in, you lift your head softly and give them a polite smile, "Hello." You say, almost as if you don't have an entire roll of bandages wrapped around you at the moment.

The doctor walks up and checks your vitals, then he smiles back and speaks up, "Hello. Can you tell me your name?"

"[Last Name][Name], nice to meet you." The doctor chuckles at your nonchalant introduction and pulls out his phone to shine the flashlight in your eyes. Your pupil immediately contracts and you blink rapidly at the sudden light, making him close the flashlight.

"Alright, how many fingers can you see me holding?" He puts up three fingers and you answer him accordingly. The nurse jots something down.

"Do you know where you are?"

"Yes, the hospital." He nods at the nurse and she writes something down again.

"Do you remember what happened?"

"I was... at USJ, with my classmates... and villains attacked. The main villain brought me over to him, and I tried to get away with my teacher." You stopped to properly recall things.

What happened next?

Oh, right. You remember seeing Nomu's fist as the last thing you properly remember.

"Oh... The Nomu, it punched me. And I was thrown to the side." The doctor seems pleased with how you can recall most events, meaning that there is no sign of amnesia and hence, no severe brain damage.

"Yes, you're spot on. Do you feel any pain?" You slowly shake your head, "Not really. The side of my face hurts, but it's nothing too unbearable." He nods and finally turns away from you and towards your sister.