Chapter 7: Maps / Restless

You stood there on the other side of the wall and table looking at the confused human Map bot. 

"Hey there, are you hungry?" You asked. 

He shook his head and responded and asked if I wanted a map. Shortly after, You left the bowling alley with Map Bot and Freddy. While you three went down to the atrium, Monty and Bonnie went to grab the ray and head down to parts and service. They figured it would be best to inspect the ray down there and they could also get Monty's chest plate replaced. Upon arriving on the atrium floor, you learned Freddy again ordered all three pizzas, along with a soft drink and a bottle of water for Map Bot. You sat Map down and before walking over to Freddy, explained a few things to Map. This time was different though, you didn't have to explain how to eat to the others. You walked over to Freddy who was standing away from the table so as not to bother the Map bot. 

"Hey Freddy, What are we gonna do with him?" You whispered. 

"We'll have to put him somewhere, he seems different from the others," Freddy replied.

"I agree, I have a suspicion and it has to do with the programming differences between the main crew and the staff bots. It feels like they gave you guys personality, though programmed, still personality and character." 

"I agree superstar, While we have a much broader way of thinking and acting, the staff bots all have specific duties and responsibilities." 

"Why don't we lock him in, lost and found at the front?" you suggested. 

"Are you sure Y/N? He could learn to change just like the others." Freddy insisted while pointing his finger at the raceway. 

You knew Freddy wasn't wrong, all of them have changed a bit but Roxy seemed to be the one who changed the most. She went from being the narcissistic fox she was programmed to be, to an almost completely selfless person by clearly showing that she can care for someone else like You. 

"So what do you propose we do with him, Freddy?" 

"Let's have him mingle and hang out with the others, maybe he'll learn something and expand on his personality," Freddy replied with high optimism in his voice. 

"Let's take him to Rockstar Row, set him up in Monty's room with DJ." 

"Uh Freddy, there's only one futon in there." "There's two, Monty Ripped the old one apart and they hadn't taken the pieces of that one out yet."

It was about five forty-five by the time you got Map back to Monty's room and all settled in. You quickly left the room as Map passed out on the floor futon, right next to DJ on the unbroken futon. The thought came to mind that you should probably check on the others while you were around. DJ seemed to be undisturbed, the same with Chica. Sun who had to sleep with the lights on, however, looked like he was having a nightmare, and just as you were about to step in and wake him up, he stopped and continued to sleep, nightmare-free. Finally, you went to check on Roxy, who you found sitting up on the futon, staring at the ceiling. You walked in 

"Hey Roxy, are you having trouble sleeping?" You asked. 

Roxy sat there and continued to stare at the ceiling before turning her head towards you, 

"Oh!! Hey Y/N. Yeah, I guess I am, how silly of me." 

"How long have you been up?" You asked while sitting down on the edge of the futon. 

"The concept of time is different to me now so it's hard to tell how long I actually slept for or when I woke up as there isn't a clock in my head anymore," She said as she frowned. 

Her face read as if she didn't sleep too long after you left. 

"Is there anything I can go get you or anything I can do now to help you?" You asked. 

"Could you stay with me?" she asked. 

"Like to sit here with you? Or..." Before you could get the rest of your sentence out, she pulled you in behind her to spoon position. 

You put your arms around her like she was a teddy bear and held her close. 

 "Are you comfortable Roxy?" You asked while tightening your grip slightly. 

"You're like my own personal heater," She giggled. 

Even though you couldn't see her face you could tell she was happy. She must have been quite cold though because when you first began holding her, she was shivering and shaking. While you lay there with Roxy you had begun to get sleepy yourself, after all, it was six-fifteen. As you passed out the only thought on your mind was Roxy and how comfortable you finally were sleeping not alone for once.

You woke up hours later, still lying next to Roxy but this time she had turned in towards you and was holding you by your button-up shirt. You check your phone for any messages and also check the time. It was roughly a quarter to eleven and there hadn't been any missed calls from Freddy. You looked at Roxy as she lay there next to you resting, you wished you could stay like this forever but questioned whether or not that would even be possible, would she want to stay human or go back to being an animatronic? You noticed Roxy's eyes starting to open a little like she was waking up. As her eyes opened wider and could finally see you she decided then to pull you in closer. Just as you had gotten more comfortable you received a call from Freddy. You answered the phone while still cuddling Roxy 

"Hey Freddy, What's up?" 

"Hey superstar, how's everything going in rockstar row?" Freddy asked. 

"Ah you know, pretty good, everyone's asleep as far as I know," you responded. 

"That's awesome!!" Freddy replied 

"We've made good progress with the help of AI Helpy, on repairing the ray and feel it should be operational." You were shaken by this information, you knew this time would come, you just didn't think it would come so soon. 

"That's great news to hear Freddy," you replied with some as semblance of sarcasm. 

"Why don't you wake everyone up and bring them down here and we can begin testing it." You agreed and hung up the phone. 

You looked at a peaceful and comfortable Roxy who you didn't want to leave but didn't have much of a choice. 

"Hey Roxy," You said whispering into her ear. 

"Come on we've gotta get up and go meet Freddy and bring the others down to parts and service. They might have found a way to turn you all back." As you relayed your last sentence you could tell Roxy was unsettled by this information and tightened her grip around you. 

Silence fell among you two as both of you knew what came next. Roxy pushed back a tiny bit to see your face. 

She looked at you and asked, "Y/N, do you think I'm the best?" 

"Roxy, Of course, I think you're the best!" You said while looking into those beautiful golden pupil's. 

"Are you just saying that because I'm human now?" She asked 

"No" you insisted, "I thought you were the best long before you became a human. I admire your determination and your absolute dominance on and off the track." 

Roxy smiled and rolled her hand as a signal for you to continue. 

"I adore your smile and your personality. Roxy, I think becoming human has opened you up to many new ways of expression. But whether or not you're human or an animatronic, I will always think you are the best." Roxy grabbed you and pulled you in for a hug. 

"Do you wanna know who I think the best is?" Roxy asked. 

"Who?" 

"It's you, Y/N"