Rose's explanation resonated with Callum, making him feel both welcomed and challenged. He realized he had a lot to learn, but the prospect of discovering his unique strengths and affinities excited him.

They continued walking, the path leading them deeper into the Sacred Grove. The magic in the air was palpable, and Callum could feel the energy of the earth beneath his feet, the gentle whispers of the trees, and the unseen presence of countless creatures.

"So, elements... which one do you uh... manipulate?" Callum asked, curious to know more about Rose's abilities so he could gauge just how far behind he was in skill.

"Water, just like my father, Lord River... he's one of the Archdruids along with Lord Rowan and Lady Stella," Rose answered, giving Callum more names to remember and repeat in his mind. "But it's more than mere manipulation. We learn to become one with our element, to understand it, to feel its flow and rhythm. It's like a dance, really."

They reached a small creek, and Rose extended her hand, her fingers barely grazing the surface. The water responded to her touch, forming intricate patterns and spiraling gracefully around her hand.

Callum watched, utterly fascinated. "That's... incredible."

Rose's smile was as soft as the ripples she created. "Thank you. You'll find your elemental affinity in time too. Then you'll practice it, and one day, you can show off just like I am."

"Right... for sure," Callum said with a nod. He already knew his affinity. It was fire... green fire. He could see it when he closed his eyes. However, he decided he would keep it a secret for now after what Rowan told him earlier.

"So, what do you want to see first? You've already seen Little Yggdrasil and Rowan's office... how about the Stone Circle? The Healing Springs? The Wildwood? The Cornucopia? The Crystal Caves?"

"That's... a lot... but I definitely want to see it all!" Callum said enthusiastically. "But first, where can I put this down?" he asked while raising his duffle bag and branch staff.

Rose tapped her chin. "I could take you to the cabins and you can drop it off there. They should have one set up for you already. This way."

They made their way towards the cabins, the path winding through a vibrant forest filled with mystical creatures and flora that seemed to breathe life itself. The Sacred Grove was unlike anything Callum had ever experienced, and every step seemed to take him deeper into a world filled with wonder and magic.

Rose chattered happily, sharing stories about her life in the Grove, her friends, and the various locations they would be visiting. Callum found her enthusiasm infectious, and his earlier worries began to dissipate.

As they approached a bend in the path, something caught Callum's eye—an eerie glade in the distance, shrouded in mist and bathed in an ethereal glow. His heart skipped a beat as he looked at it, feeling a strange pull, as if something was calling him.

He paused, and Rose turned to look at him, her brow furrowed. "Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Did you hear that?" Callum whispered, his eyes fixed on the glade.

"Hear what?" Rose asked, looking around curiously.

"Someone called my name... a woman," Callum replied, still staring at the glade. He stopped in his tracks and squinted to try to get a better view. He even tried tuning into his druidic senses, but what he sensed was... nothing. It was as if something was obscuring his senses. He assumed it was the strange mist.

Rose's eyes widened, and she quickly grabbed his arm, pulling him away from the spot. "We can't go over there. It's forbidden," she said before pointing to a tree full of a wide variety of owls. "You see those? They're my father's owls. They're always watching. If you go over there, the Archdruids will know..."