Chapter 3

...

This is strange... where.. am i?

You looked around the place but it was, distorted in a way. You tried squinting your eyes, desperately trying to see the horizon. Only for it to end in failure. The sky looked as blue as ever, the cold wind grazes your warm cheeks, causing you to shiver a little. You closed your eyes and took deep breaths. It all looked so normal. Yet so... disturbing. The world was quiet, vague and overal a blurry mess

You wanted to move, talk even just hearing or feeling a simple thing... but to no avail. Its as if you were frozen in place. Your whole body paralyzed as you looked into the same direction, unable to avert my gaze.

Then, out of no-where, a voice spoke. Its tone sweet, like a mother comforting her child. "Do not be afraid."

That phrase did anything but calm you. But its not like you could retaliate in any way. You were frozen like a statue, glued to the ground.

"Listen to my words, heed my warning." The voice was now turning into a colder one. One that spoke with upmost importance.

"Do not give into the temptations, for they will be your downfall." It spoke in an ominous tone. Wanting to make sure the girl it spoke to understood the attention this situation needed.

You wanted to try and break free from the way your body was held in place. Each breath, each second... slowly the world got darker.. and darker..

———

You slowly opened your eyes and muttered some curse words. You drowsily sat up in the decently sized bed and stretched your arms wide. Enjoying the feeling of the muscles loosening. You slowly averted your attention to the window and sighed. The golden rays of the sun were hitting right on your pillow. That must be why you woke up. Never have you willingly gotten up this early.

You looked around the room again and realized there wasn't a clock. Well thats just great aint it? You groaned and reluctantly got out of the comfort of the bedsheets. Your arms were tangled in them but it didn't take long for you to get out of them.

That dream though.. it was very unusual. Sure every once in a while the brain could conjure up a random thing and make you scared for the stupidest reasons. Yet you knew that this wasn't one of those moments.

It felt too real, too vivid. Never had you ever remembered a dream up until even the smallest detail. Even though everything was a blur you remembered exactly how it all looked.

You shook your and walked towards the chair where you had absentmindedly thrown your clothes on. Chairs were always the best place to put clothes, nothing could change that opinion.

Slowly but surely you put on your clothes. Only to then realize that your once white hoodie was still dirty. A big sigh left your mouth and you walked towards the closet in your room, hoping to find something clean to put on.

It didn't take long and now you had a new attire. Your trusty shoes, your pants and the newly aquired wear for your upper body. The sweater tucked away neatly in a small bag you had found under the bed.

A proud smirk played upon your lips before the nice moment was ruined by a knock on the door. Sure the knocking is polite and all but you still got annoyed by it. Knowing that this means the end of your peaceful alone time.

It was a maid from the castle. She was very very polite and you were quite impressed. It was a nice silent walk until you reached the oh so familiar doors to the throne room, or hall. Whatever its called.

The other four seemed to have been waiting for you. Feeling a little guilty you shot an apologetic smile at them. The knights on either side of the door used their arms to open the heavy wooden door.