Chapter 7

"You did what?!"

You and your party where walking away from the castle back into castle town. The sky was filled with dark grey clouds and the air was a little humid. Not many people where out because of the grim weather.

"I walked out on the hearing, maya." You repeated the words you had said earlier. Your voice filled with irritation and your footsteps loud against the stone ground as to sound out your frustration.

Maya sighed and looked you in the eyes. "I meant why did you walk out?" She then walked in front of you and stopped you in your tracks. "You do realize that acting like this could cause your reputation to go down the drain." Her voice was stern.

"She is right you know?" Barkus looked at you concerned. "We have experienced first hand how tight the king is on rules." His voice lowered. "The warriors for the five heroes were strictly chosen by him."

Now they both looked at you, awaiting your answer. You didn't know what to say and sat in a silence for a few seconds. The only sounds coming from the few people on the streets.

"I get that... i know what i did wasn't the best thing to do.." you looked to your right and spoke a bit softer. "But what i do know is that staying there any longer could have made me say or do something irrational."

Maya put a hand on your shoulder and you looked her straight in the eyes. "Fine, but remember, if the people that were in there start acting different towards you.." she paused. "You'll only have yourself to thank for it."

You nodded in response. Barkus put on a small smile. "Lets go to the centre of town." You looked up at him with a slightly puzzled look. Confused at the sudden suggestion. He then further explained. "If you want that is. I thought we could stock up on supplies and get your mind off of this for a while." You ended up giving him a thumbs up.

Barkus took the lead as you and Maya stayed behind him. The girl next to you didn't look at you as she spoke. "You know... you seem more friendly than the other heroes."

You were a bit surprised by her sentence, not knowing what had made her say that. "Where did that come from?" You asked her with a raised eyebrow.

She then responded with a small smile.
"The other heroes all looked tense and way too serious for my taste." She paused for a second and gave you a small smile. "Just looking at them gave the jitters." She shuddered and you chuckled.

She continued "And despite how i may come across to you, i don't like serious people. They make ya feel tense and on edge all the time."

You nodded at her and spoke. "I guess that is a valid reason." Your gaze left hers as Barkus stopped walking and now had his hands in his sides.

"We have arrived lasses." The bearded man in front of you spoke loudly, his arms wide. You leaned to the side to get a view of the centre.

It was busy

There were many people here, even though the weather isn't that good. You see a lot of small cafè's lined up on the edges, stores with wares like food and clothing. Another store was especially standing out, they seemed to sell potions.

"Hey Maya, does that potion store have anything useful for our goal?" You asked her specifically because she has known a lot of things about the town. Maya looked at where you were pointing and nodded.

"Healing, strength enhancing, stamina recovering you name it. That store is well known to any adventurer." She then took a step towards the store's direction and turned to you. "You want to go now?"

You eagerly nodded and quickly walked towards it. Barkus slightly snickered at your enthusiasm and followed you together with Maya.

The store you entered was filled with all kinds of aroma's, like a perfume store. You recoiled and took a second to get used to the space you were in. You were easily lost in a trance like state as you looked at everything and mumbled some of their names. Maya was leaving you be as she looked around another isle. Barkus silently followed you with the same curious look in his eyes.