Chapter 5

It was hard.

The orange orbs constantly zoomed in from all angles. left, right, above and even from under you. The whole crew had no problem killing these orange critters, popping them like balloons. But there were so many, so much that you started to feel the exhaustion setting in, swinging your wand against these creatures did take a toll on your body.

Barkus and his sword had no problem keeping up, the sharp edges easily cutted throught the ferocious orange creatures, even multiple at once. His move were graceful and took minimal effort.

Chris, even though he was so confident before, had trouble keeping up. He was specialized in long range attacks with his bow. These critters did not allow him to gain any distance at all. Thus, he was shooting them out of the air whilst also having a lot of them gnawing against his body.

Maya was very focused and did not slip up once. Sure she was a bit shorter and had short range weapons, daggers, she kept up no problem. Noticing that you were slowing down she immediately started helping you by covering your back. Which you, in turn, were grateful for since you now only have to focus on whats in front of you.

You were fighting for ages against a mass of orange blurs. Time went by and the sun was now slowly setting. You noticed there were less of these orbs flying around now, some where even flying away, scared. This gave you a small kick. You kept at it, slaying them left and right as Maya did the same behind you.

After a few more minutes you all stopped moving. Barkus leaned on his large sword, keeping his footing. Chris was bandaging some of the bite wounds with some cloth. Maya kept standing, crossed arms as she glared at Chris for causing this mess.

You on the other hand, collapsed to the ground and heaved. The battle against so many of them had worn you out.

"Nice going, chris." Maya sneered at him. "Did your idea work out as you liked?" She crossed her arms and glared at him. Her words weren't well received by the man.

"We got them i the end, didn't we, Maya?" He shot back with and annoyed face. Clearly covering up for his hurt pride.

Maya groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose, looking up at the sky as she sighed. "Yes, we did. But that does not mean that what you did was acceptable." She then looked at you and squatted down to check for any wounds on your arms. "You should have asked first, we're a group. We're supposed to make decisions together." She spoke in a serious tone. Warning him to not do it again.

You sighed heavily, tuning out the bickering of your party. You looked at your wand and sat there in an exhausted a state. Those orbs really did a number on you. Looking at chris you weren't sure anymore if you wanted to keep him around. Maya was still scolding him like a child that had done something wrong.

"Chris" you looked up from the spot on the ground that you are sitting on. The man listened and looked at you. Maya also stopped talking as to let you speak. Barkus stood awkwardly at the side, looking at the scene in front of him.

"Why did you do that?" You looked up with a slightly grim expression, wanting answers. The man scoffed and spoke up again. His voice laced with slight annoyance. "What? I thought you wanted to see us fight?" He paused and looked at the orange monster parts. "As you can see, the party did a good job in killing them all."

You also looked around the place and then slowly stood up, wobbling a little from your weary legs. "Yes, but like maya said you did this without consulting us first." You then spoke softer. "I'm going to be honest here. I don't know how to use my wand yet."

Chris' eyes widened and he chuckled dryly. "You what?..." realization hit him. "So thats why you didn't use spells in the fight..." he then put his hands behind his back. "A hero that doesn't even know their own weapon?... why did i even choose you."