Chapter 18 - Unbound

Akali's POV

Y/N hasn't come back yet. I do wonder what happened. With the way he left, it was definitely something urgent. Mentally sighing at this, I do wonder if he even prepared nice something for their date like Kai'Sa's. Kaisa didn't really mentioned anything happened at their time together. It was kind of envious but I suppose everything had been surreal with all these things about Y/N and Kai'Sa's declaration. Truth be told, I am torn about it. I really like Y/N and may not be the same as Kai'Sa but... I wouldn't mind it if it ever had come to that. Wonder what Evelynn and Ahri feels about this. With Jarvan and Katarina gone and went back, I find myself alone with Evelynn drinking wine and Kai'Sa already headed to her room to rest. 

Akali: So... 

Evelynn gave Akali a side glance before enjoying her wine as she seemed to be a in a deep thought. 

Evelynn: If you have something say then out with it. 

I'm not really sure how to ask Evelynn this but I'm too curious to know what happened on their day.

Akali: Uh... So did anything interesting happened on your date?

Evelynn: Hmm. No. Nothing out of the ordinary. Well besides getting stalked by his friends. As you can see ended here that gave us too much to think about. 

Akali: Yeah... But on that date... did you two... had fun?

Evelynn looked at Akali who tried to look casual and disinterested but ultimately failed with the question she asked. Evelynn couldn't help but smirk at Akali.

Evelynn: You're too easy sometimes. I swear Y/N's rubbing off you. 

I can seriously feel my left eye twitching with how playful that smirk Evelynn has right now. It's kinda infuriating even though she's just messing with me, I think. 

Akali: I'll take that as nothing happened.

Evelynn: *scoffs* If you're worried that little 'ol Y/N got defiled or any of that sort then you should know that he would refuse.

Akali: I know.  *sigh* That's not what I mean. I was just curious.

Evelynn: Curious?

Akali: Is he... more... I don't know, y'know. touchy feely or something? I don't know. I have no idea what I'm thinking nor talking about. Ugh. 

I can't help but got more frustrated as I have no idea how he is. Now with the whole bomb was dropped earlier. I can't help but think that he would do one of those traditional courting whatever it is.

Evelynn: *chuckles* Seems like you have too much on your mind. Haven't seen you this nervous when you dated other men, not even in highschool. 

Akali: You know. We already have just said it in front of his friends. There's no use beating around the bush. I'd like to try and I believe its worth to try. But... Will it be pointless if there's no meaningful end to it other than the sake of trying?

I can't help but think that this may only be just a phase that would turn out to be nothing more. As Jarvan had said before, we might not even be qualified to be his equal so... why even bother?