[62] First Date Jitters

Start from the beginning

Holding onto each other, you sway to the music and move in unison with the other dancers. Pure delight emanates from you both, exchanging smiles and looks of affection as the Koopa King spins you around multiple times before dipping you.

The crowd bursts into cheerful hollers.

"You're quite the dancer, your majesty." You pant out, playfully hitting his arm. 

"Not as much as yourself, woman." He counters back with a grin. 

You chuckle together and reach for each other's hand, cherishing the moment. 

However, your moment of happiness is short-lived as the toads pull you away. One of them chirps excitedly, "Hey, (F/n)! You have to check this out!" They drag you away in a wave of people, leaving Bowser alone. 

Although you both are unsure what to do next, you accept your fate and hope to meet again soon.

Bowser sighs and mutters your name; he can't help but admire you. Not bothered by the fact that you are loved by many, with or without trying. 

His eyes wander around, observing the area, vendors, and shops. 

The festival is bustling with people, and the Koopa King stands out like a sore thumb, towering over the rest. But he doesn't seem to mind. 

Impressed by how everyone works together and functions when it comes to having fun and what they offer regarding food and items. 

The sound of laughter and chatter surrounds him, making him feel a sense of belonging. 

Despite being alone, Bowser feels content and at peace.

No wonder (F/n) is so talented...

Bowser was lost in his thoughts when he was suddenly disturbed by a smaller toad who bumped into him. 

The toad is immediately frightened by the size difference between him and the man. "O-oh... s-s-sorry... I'm a little l-lost..." The toad appeared young, around Junior's age, but a little shorter than him.

Bowser bent down to the toad's level. "It's okay." He reassures the boy with a firm tone. "Who are you looking for?"

"I lost my parents during the dance," The child replies. 

The man can tell the young toad wants his help even though he hasn't asked out loud. "I'll help you find them." Bowser offers. 

His face lit up with joy. "You will...?" He asks, full of hope. "Oh, thank you!"

Bowser chuckles. "Although, it would be easier to identify them if you're above ground." He offers his hands to him, who happily accepts. The man lifts the toad onto his forearm, giving him a clear and higher view of the area. "We'll find them in no time."

As they search for the young toad's parents, Bowser and the boy exchange information about each other. "You have lots of kids! What's the number again?" He asks, surprised by Bowser's family size.

"Eight in total." Bowser answers, laughing at the kid's reaction. "And I hope to have more someday."

The toad gasps. "Why so many?"

"Because I like having a big family." Bowser explains, giving a toothy grin.

"Will (F/n) want more?" The child questions curiously. 

"That's entirely up to her." Bowser says. "And I'll respect her decision either way."

"That's good then-!"

"Crimson!" A voice from not too far away shouts. Two larger-sized toads run over to them. "We've been worried sick!"

Bowser gently sets down the boy, who immediately enters his parents' arms. "I'm sorry! I got lost, and I couldn't find you!"