[62] First Date Jitters

Start from the beginning

He didn't get a good look at your small home yesterday, but now he can take in the cozy atmosphere. However, if Bowser were any taller, he would hit the ceiling easily. Yet, he still slightly kept his head down to avoid it. "You have a nice place." The man comments, curiously gazing at everything from top to bottom. 

"Look who's talking!" You jokingly counter, making Bowser mentally face-palm at what he said. "But thank you, it's rather neat, all things considered." 

"If you put it that way, then yes." Bowser says as his eyes land outside the window. Seeing how the toads are out and about with the festival. "Is it some type of event today?"

"Yes, the Mushroom Festival. I know about it usually, but with everything that's happened, I forgot about it. Peach reminded me and she didn't think it was fair to put me to work regarding our date."

"That's kind of her, but if our date interferes with something important like this, we can push it to another time if you want-."

"No." You politely interrupt. "It's okay with me; it's okay with her." You grin. "Besides, I'm not pushing this day any further."

Bowser adjusts his spiky wrist accessories and flashes a sly smirk. "Needy for me, right~?" 

You bluntly respond, "No, I just want a day off." Noticing Bowser's slightly disappointed expression. But you quickly reassure him. "I'm kidding! You have no idea how much I wanted this day to happen, whether we were dating or not." Your cheeks flush with a blush as you continue. "Just like I said before, I wanted to be by your side..."

This confirms Bowser's feelings for you even more, making him visibly flustered. 

He tries to suppress his blush and replaces it with a small smile. "There's a lot to say and do, but let's talk about everything during and after our day; what do you say?"

You nod in agreement, feeling excited about the day ahead. "I couldn't have said it better myself."

You both step out of your comfy home and approach the lively center of the square, where people from all walks of life come together. 

You may be familiar with the place, but Bowser, who is new to the area, is overwhelmed by the sights and sounds of the bustling village. 

You look at him, and your heart fills with joy as you see his eyes widen with amazement. 

He immediately grasps your hand as you intertwine your fingers with his, finding comfort in your touch. Turning to you and notice your radiant smile. "What's so funny? Is there something on my face?" He inquires while rubbing his face with his other hand. 

You shake your head. "No, I'm just captivated by your wide-eyed wonder." Your comment puts a blush on his features, mixed with a hint of nervousness from any lingering eyes. 

"If you continue flirting, you will reach magical, unknown wonders." Bowser warns in an unthreatening tone. 

"Is that a threat?" You squint your eyes. "Or a promise~?" 

"I'm not answering that." The man admits and rubs his thumb on the back of your fingers. 

You and Bowser walk towards the center; when you arrive, a small group of dancers perform an enchanting dance recital. 

Music fills the air, and you two watch from the sidelines.

Anyone can choose to watch, cheer, and clap.

As the performance ends, the spectators pull people into a giant dance circle, causing a chain reaction. 

People dance together in a carefree manner, and you and Bowser are swept into the mix. Drawing on the knowledge you had gained from the ball two days prior, you both decide to go with the flow.