"Wow—this sucks," Tony muttered under his breath

¬_¬

Irmina laughed as she watched her family create chaos before walking out to wait at the altar. She caught a glimpse of Sato and smirked at her, gave her a wink and continued her way. Guests look at her, specifically intrigued by her uniform and manner. A lot in uniform addressed her with a nod and perfect posture.

With all honesty, the medals and ribbons on her jacket are pissing her off while it is impressive to others.

It's not surprising that they are no children but Aki's. Because those boys know how to behave.

The day is beautiful, the area decorated with the favourite flowers of the Bushidas and what she assumed the rest be the favourites of Eleonora's family. Maki made sure there will is a small military influence, a note to her family.

The Three-Star General tug on her collar, filling that it was tighter than usual. but she was just nervous, not wanting to ruin her niece's biggest day. That is not her to-do list. Mako gave her a thumbs-up from his seat with Sato greeting her with the biggest smile.

Her greatest rival and best friend is getting married.

"This will be an interesting night," Irmina muttered under her breath before chuckling at the Star Wars-inspired theme for the bride to walk down the aisle. Ellie grinned at Irmina, holding tightly on her father's arm who looked so proud of his daughter. Her stepmother, who is here, is on her best behaviour and tried not to be disgusted at the idea of Eleonora marrying a woman.

She was on her best behaviour to save her marriage but her husband wasn't planning on that part.

When the bride was close, Irmina lend her arm and allowed Ellie carefully up the steps before she laughed at the Mamamia-inspired song. Ellie turn to look at her future wife with the utmost adoration. Irmina looked down with a smile, knowing that Maki will be well taken care of by this woman in front of her.

How did she know about the soundtracks? Her family and friends forced her to watch with them or gave her copies of the movies.

Both Brides were in tears and so were a few of their families and friends.

As for Irmina, she did everything she could to hold back her tears. She can't let people know how important they are to her. Despite, her being the most important person in their lives. No one can know Irmina have them unless the selected few. She can't risk everything just for her freedom.

Even though she might deserve it.

"You two ready?" Irmina whispered to the brides and waited for an answer. Maki wiped her bride's tears while Irmina helped her with her tears. Ellie is a mess before Irmina took care of her a bit. "Should I speak English or Dutch or Japanese? We didn't prepare for this part. I can speak German if you want."

"Speak English," Ellie said with a breathy laugh and received a nod from the older woman.

"Obviously we know why we are here for these two very special women."

In the embrace of the warm afternoon sun, Ellie and Maki stood hand in hand, ready to declare their love before their closest friends and family. The air buzzed with excitement and love, and Maki couldn't wait any longer to call Ellie her wife.

Their love story had been one of serendipity, with fate guiding their paths to intersect and intertwine. Now, they stood at the precipice of forever, eager to exchange vows that would unite their hearts in a bond that knew no bounds.

Ellie, with a glint of emotion in her eyes, spoke her vow in Japanese. Her voice trembled with emotion as she promised to love and support Maki unconditionally, through every triumph and challenge.