chapter 2: cam and matt

It was a hot summer day outside but it felt good in the 3 bedroom that the family shared. Matt was over, like always, and he and Cam were sitting alone in the living room when Mary walked in.

"Hey guys" they were almost too interested in each other to realize she was there. Just then Matt nudged cams head, which was laying on Matt's shoulder watching a video on his phone, and Cam shot up. "Oh hey Mary, how are you", he obviously didn't actually care but he was trying to convince her she didn't see what she saw. "You know my phone's small and we just wanted to watch something and I didn't wanna put it on the tv.".

You could tell Matt was annoyed about not being able to be open with Cam. "Well I guess I'm off" Matt went to stand up when a tan arm grabbed him tightly, almost slamming the body's together, "no Matt we still have.. have to..." Matt was annoyed as Cam fumbled trying to figure something that would make sense, "we still have to take the twins to the store". This was obviously a fake excuse because the 5 year old twins, September and Autumn, were Cams mortal enemies. "Look guys", Mary pipes up, as she looks around to see if the coast is clear, "I know about yall".

Cam looks at Matt and stands up, "no, I'm not gay, what the fuck." Mary was understanding as she looked at him. "Cam, I love you, your family.". Matt looked at Cam and grabbed his hand to pull him back. Cam knew he might as well give in when he had the chance, he slowly sat down and grabbed Matt's hand. "Please don't tell anyone...". Mary just smiled and nodded as she sat on the other couch across the room.

Mary and the newly pronounced couple sat and talked for an hour. When they were done Matt grabbed Cam's hand and led him outside. Mary followed behind. They got out the door and Mary stood on the porch and hugged Matt, "bye Matt, thx for indulging me.". "Anytime beautiful" he winked at her and she giggled. "Get your own guy, he's mine" Matt was taller than Cam which was impressive considering Cam was 6 '1, so when cam went to look at him he had to slightly look up. Matt looked at Cam and pecked him on the cheek as Cam moved away.

Cam followed Matt to his car and looked around and kissed him. "I'm so proud of you." He grabbed his hand, "you are so brave." Then he kissed Cam, longer than Mary had seen before, maybe too long because right when he pulled away, Bre walked up from the street, returning from the store.