Harry's Birthday Wish

Start from the beginning

"You're an Auror so you can help me!"

"Yes, I will. My name is Harry."

"Like Harry Potter!"

"Something like that," Harry replied with a smile.

"I'm Scorpius Malfoy," the small voice replied, holding out a hand for Harry to shake.

"It's very nice to meet you Scorpius."

"Thank you Mr. Harry. Can you help me find my dad?"

"Of course I can Scorpius. Where did you see him last?"

"At home."

"At home? Are you here alone?"

"Nuh uh. Auntie Pansy took me out for a treat, and she saw one of her friends, and then a big crowd came and I lost her."

"Let's try to retrace your steps okay?," Harry offered, holding his hand out for Scorpius to take.

"Okay."

"Where was the last place that you went?"

"Madam Puddifoot's."

Harry involuntarily winced at the name.

"You were in Hogsmeade before you came here?"

"Yes Mr. Harry. We were going to get ice cream."

"You can just call me Harry, Scorpius. Did you check Fortescue's?"

"No. Daddy said if I- if I ever get... lost... to stay where I am and he'll come fi-find me. But he's not here!," Scorpius wailed, and Harry's heart broke for the young child.

He knew all too well how it felt to be alone and terrified, waiting for someone to come and find you.

"Let's check the ice cream shop first okay? What kind of ice cream is your favorite?"

"I like strawberry. What about you?"

"I'm fond of rocky road myself."

"What's that?," Scorpius asked, wrinkling his nose as he made a face, and Merlin if Harry wasn't reminded of a younger Draco Malfoy.

"It's chocolate ice cream and it has marshmallows and nuts in it. Do you like a cone or a cup?"

"I get a cone in a cup so I'm not messy. Daddy said I have to have proper manners while I eat."

"He's quite right you know. Come on."

They quickly arrived at Fortescue's, where Mr. Fortescue himself greeted them.

"Hello Harry," he said fondly. "What brings you here?"

"You haven't seen Pansy Parkinson today have you?"

"I can't say I have, no."

"You know my Auntie Pansy?," Scorpius asked, pulling his face away from the ice cream case.

"I do, we went to school together."

"Wow! So you went to school with my daddy. And with Harry Potter! He's so cool!"

Cool was not an adjective he would have used to describe himself, but he won't lie, hearing that made his day. Mr. Fortescue shot him a knowing smile.

"How about we get you that treat yeah?," Harry offered, pulling out his wallet. "A strawberry cone in a cup for Scorpius, and I'll take a rocky road cone please."

"It's on the house, Harry. Happy birthday."

"You have the same birthday as Harry Potter?!," Scorpius asked in awe. "And the same name!"