Nighttime Nightmares

Raph was floating in a dark void. Alone. But he didn't feel himself freaking out like he normally did. It was strange.

He was floating along kind of like he was lounging in a tire down a lazy river. It would be nice if his brothers were here.

A blue flash of light came from his right but it disappeared into the dark void. When he took a closer look at where the light once was, he noticed a figure. It was...Leo? The figure looked like his brother but something felt off. He could only see the glow of his stripes but nothing else.

"Leo?" Raph's voice echoed through the void. The figure moved slightly forward and he was suddenly able to see it. It was in fact his younger brother but he was injured really badly. Blood was dripping from an open gash on his forehead and the rest of his body was covered in cuts and bruises. His plastron was cracked and chipped and he didn't even want to think about the state of his shell. The sight of his brother in this condition made him sick and to say he was worried would be a gross understatement.

"Leo! What happened?! H-How did this happen?" Raph tried to rush over to his brother but for some reason, he couldn't move. He was stuck in his floating position.

"...'What happened'?" Leo's haunting laugh echoed through the void. The feeling of dread continued to build as each laugh echoed around him.

The laughing abruptly stopped as Leo's eyes locked onto his. His younger brother's eyes were stone cold.

"You did this to me." Those words sucked all of the oxygen out of him. It felt like the strongest punch to the gut he's ever felt.

"N-No I would never-"

"But you did." Leo walked closer to Raph causing him to struggle even more.

Leo lifted his hand and it began to glow blue. He inched closer and closer and when he finally got close enough to touch him-

~~

Loud crying from somewhere in the lair startled Raph awake. He was slightly hyperventilating and was covered in sweat. There were a few tears in his eyes but he easily wiped them away. It was easy to identify who the crying was coming from since it was high-pitched and not coming from anywhere in the living room. It was Bee.

As he often did in his childhood, he got up from his comfortable spot and quietly made his way to Casey's car. He wanted to make sure the younger teen didn't need any help calming her down before he went back to sleep. He slowly opened the door to the car and peeked in. He was surprised to see Casey still sleeping while Bee was crying and tugging at his hair.

He must've been more tired than he thought if he was sleeping through this. Even he could hear her crying all the way from the living room.

Raph carefully entered the car and tiptoed his way closer to Casey and Bee. As gently as he could, he lifted Bee up from the bed and into his arm. She was so small that she could hardly be seen behind his arm. If he wanted, he bets he could just let her lay in his hand.