Chapter 4: The Clubs

Start from the beginning

After almost all of the representatives, the final representative made his way to the stage.

His stoic face and tall figure looked over us students as if he was the leader. His aura radiated one of superiority.

He just hasn't met me yet.

Although standing on stage, he didn't say a word. He probably was either thinking of what to say or making an impression.

Or, he would be judging each and everyone one of us.

Some students started mocking the person.

"Do your best!"

"Did you forget to bring your notecards?"

"Ha ha ha ha ha!"

The student remained calm the entire time without making a single movement. Their comments clearly didn't affect him at all.

The gym suddenly became very quiet and tense. I'm guessing this is what he was waiting for. The silence let on for a while until he started his speech.

"I'm the student council president. My name is Horikita Manabu," he said.

Horikita? Ah, he's the big brother of Horikita Suzune.

I find her in the crowd to see her petrified. Or shock.

There are many events that could result to someone being scared.

If it's her big brother, then I'm guessing she admires her brother since she wouldn't go to this school if she didn't want to see her brother unless her parents forced her too.

But why would she be shocked to see him? They both seem similar so I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to act like her brother.

But why is she so shocked?

I don't know.

I can only speculate.

"The student council is looking to recruit potential candidates among the first-year students to replace the graduating third-years. Although no special qualifications are required for candidacy, we humbly ask that those considering applications not to be involved in other club activities. we generally do not accept students involved elsewhere."

He spoke in a soft tone, but the tension around the first-year students was so thick that it felt like you could cut it with a knife. He had managed to silence the entire gym. It was his own power that did that.

"Furthermore, we in the student council do not wish to appoint anyone who possesses a naive outlook. Not only would such a person not be elected, he or she would sully the sanctity of this school. It is the student councils right and duty to enforce and amend the rules,but the school expects more than that. We gladly welcome those of you who understand this."

He didn't even pause once during his speech. He then hopped off stage. But I only half listened to what he said.

I had gotten bored and was imagining myself talking trash to these students form that stage.

"Thank you all for coming. The club fair has ended. We will now open the reception area to anyone interested in signing up. Also, registration will be open until the end of April, so if any students wished to join at a later date, we ask that you please bring the application form directly to the club you wish to join."

The tension eased and all students either left or went to sign up for a club.

"That sure was interesting right Kushida?... Kushida?"

Where's she go? I never knew she left. It doesn't bother me but to think she left without saying goodbye for some reason annoys me.

(No it's not gonna be a Kushida heroin, I don't like her)