Chapter Eighteen - Farmer's market

Start from the beginning

"Want d'you want to wear today, hm?  I think it's supposed to be slightly chilly today."

She easily held him with one arm whilst she used the other to rummage through his closet.  Eventually she chose a pair of blue striped shorts from Trotters and a navy polo from the same brand.  

"I'm gonna set you down to help you change, okay?" she told her son and she felt him nod his head against her neck and she set him down on his feet as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes and blinked a couple times before looking at his mum.

"Okay," he said quietly and allowed his mum to help him change.  

Once all the kids and parents were ready, they headed downstairs whilst their mum made breakfast.  

"You guys good with pancakes, bacon and eggs today for breakfast?" Evelyn asked her family.

"Cake!" Spencer cheered as pancakes were his favourite.  Really all the kids loved them but especially Spencer.  

"Okay," Evelyn let out a laugh as her husband helped her get out the ingredients to make eggs, the bacon and the pancake mixture they had bought from the store.  

William busied the kids whilst she got breakfast ready and took her prenatal vitamins.  Once she was done with that she went back to mixing the ingredients for the eggs whilst she let the bacon sit out for fifteen minutes before she put it on the oven.  After the eggs were scrambled to their liking, she set them aside and put on the skillet for the pancakes before she poured the mixture onto it.  

"Breakfast is ready!" She called out to her family as William was playing with them in the sitting room.  

The twins let out small gasps of excitement and zoomed past their father as Alexander chased after his siblings.  William chuckled as he watched his kids being playful with each other.  They had worried when the twins were born how Alexander would react to them being here physically because for the longest time he told his parents he didn't want any siblings after they told him Evelyn was pregnant and expecting two babies.  But once the twins arrived, he loved them so much and he was so sweet and gentle with the little ones.  

The twins would pick up the pancake in their cute little pudgy hands and eat it plane without syrup as Evelyn fed them eggs in-between bites.  Lately one of her cravings during pregnancy was bacon and especially syrup on bacon.  So she dipped the bacon in syrup and ate it and she knew her stomach and babies were happy with the breakfast she made everyone.  

"This is really good," William praised his wife's cooking.  "Can everyone say thank you mum?" He asked his kids.

"Thank you mama," the kids said at different times and she smiled.

"Your welcome and thanks babe," Evelyn told her husband as she pressed her lips to his in a quick kiss.  

"D'you all want to go to the farmer's market with me today?" Evelyn asked her family.  She loved how there was a farmer's market every Saturday in their town.  

"Yes," the kids nodded their head in agreement and William agreed to go as well.  He decided to keep it casual today and wear his glasses.  Since it was kinda a gloomy day outside, all of their outfits went with the weather.  

*

"You doing okay?" William asked his wife as they walked around outside at the different tents and businesses.

"Yeah, thank God," Evelyn smiled up at her husband.  "I think this is the first good day I've had a in whilst, but I don't want to jinx it."

"I'm glad you're feeling better.  I know it's part of the process of pregnancy, but I hate when you don't feel good," he pouted slightly, hating the idea of his wife not feeling good.  "What d'you guys say if mummy still feels better we go out to dinner tonight?"