12. Addicted to you

¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸

Okay, fuck.

Athena is absolutely freaking out, pacing around the room. She fucked Tom. Yes, she's stupid. Her feelings were so strong and she wanted to so bad. She feels like she betrayed her best friend. Which is unacceptable!

'Engel, you'll be fine.' Tom said, laying in her bed.

'Tom, can you please cover up. It feels like it's staring at me. Usually I wouldn't mind but right now I'm in a bit of a crisis if you couldn't tell!' Athena yelled at him, realizing the others were still downstairs. They're going to be so suspicious of them. The two of them were upstairs for an hour!

Tom sighed deeply, pulling his underwear up as he moved over to her. 'Hey, it's fine.' He pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her. One hand held the back of her head as she put her chin on his shoulder.

'You understand this can never happen again, right? I can't betray my best friend more than this. I feel terrible.' Athena almost wanted to take her words back. It was insanely good, maybe even the best she's ever had. But she loves her best friend too much to do that too her.

Even though that was the plan, Tom almost wanted to protest when she told him that. He was supposed to sleep with her and never look back, he'd stay friends with her of course but that was it. No more sex. But after that incredible hour they just had, he couldn't stay away anymore. He didn't want to. He wanted more.

Is this what addiction feels like? Because it sure as hell feels good.

He calmly shushed her, not wanting to respond to her anymore. He held her for a while, just standing there with her in his arms. Then he frowned, looking over at a guitar on her wall. 'Do you play?'

She looked at him in a confused way, pulling her head back to look at him. As she noticed what he was looking at, she sighed. 'Not anymore. It was my dad's.'

He let go of her, walking over to it. He inspected it. He took it off the wall, holding it in his hands. 'A Gibson. Your dad's got taste.'

Athena chuckled, walking over to him. 'How didn't you see it earlier?' She asked him as he slid his hand across the neck of the guitar.

'I was a little busy with other things.' He told her, still focussed on the guitar. 'I mostly own Gibson's too. It's my favorite brand.'

Athena let out a small sigh, a small smile appearing on her face. 'I used to love playing. But I don't really anymore.'

'Why?' Tom asked her, finally looking over at her. She seemed a bit sad, trying to mask it behind a smile.

She shook her head. 'I don't really know. I just stopped.' Lies.

Tom knew she was lying as well, not really pushing her too much to tell him more. If she wanted to tell him, she would. Maybe she didn't feel safe or comfortable to tell him yet. 'Were you any good?'

'Yeah, I rocked.' She joked, chuckling a bit. 'Some might say I was better than you.' She looked to the side, smiling.

Tom raised his eyebrow. 'Yeah, no. Nobody ever said that, Engel.' He grabbed her hips, pulling her towards him a bit.

Athena locked eyes with him, shaking her head. 'You're crazy. People definitely said that.'

'Name one person.'

'No.'

'See?'

'Stop!' Athena laughed, pushing his chest. He was tickling her a bit in her sides, pushing his fingers into her soft skin.

He looked down at her body. She just had pretty lace underwear on, without a doubt Victoria's Secret. It was hard for Tom to look away and pretend like it wasn't doing anything to him. But feeling her warm skin underneath his hands made him want her for a second round. She was obviously in a vulnerable state, even though she didn't want to show it. He messed with his lip ring a bit, frowning as he struggled to keep it together.

Athena carefully watched his actions. He was holding back and she knew it. 'Let's go back down.' She knew everybody downstairs is going to question them, asking them why they were upstairs for so long. Athena put her Juicy Couture tracksuit back on and headed downstairs again with Tom wearing the outfit he wore before as well.

'We're back!' Athena yelled, heading over to the kitchen to grab some snacks as Tom left to go back to the living room.

Jennifer came running in, almost hitting her head on the corner of the island. 'What were you two doing upstairs for so long? Weren't you only supposed to show your dog?'

Without looking away from the cabinet, she answered Jennifer. 'Yeah, I kind of showed him around too.' Showed him my room pretty well.

'Did he say anything about me?' Jennifer asked, fidgeting with her fingers a bit.

Athena's eyes shot open wide.

"She's been throwing herself at me for the past few days. It's hilarious."

She slightly gulped, looking at her now. 'No.'

Jennifer sighed, her lips curled up in a smile. She shook her head, the smile not leaving her face as she closed her eyes. 'I think this could actually be something, Thena.' She said, looking at her now. 'I mean, things are going so well with Tom. It's literally better than I imagined it. I feel like he's actually flirting back with me.'

Athena messed with her tongue piercing, forcing a fake smile on her face.

"Hey, she'll understand."

'Yeah, maybe you're right.' Athena feels terrible about lying to her best friend. But she's the one to find out how Tom feels about her, Athena wasn't going to tell her anytime soon. And Athena wasn't going to have sex with Tom anymore, she promised herself that.

Even though it was so fucking good. She couldn't do that to her best friend.