Forgotten birthday (SJ) 🧸

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's good... I'm just not hungry" Y/N sighs, feeling tears form in her eyes. "I'm tired. I'm going to bed" She announces, standing up and walking back to her room.

Y/N runs into her room, throwing herself on the bed and sobbing into her pillow. Few minutes later the girl changes into pajamas, does her night routine and just goes to bed. She hears a soft knock on the door, so she hides her phone and pretends to be sleeping. She's not in a mood for a conversation with anyone.

"Y/N/N?" Rose whispers, opening the door. She sighs when she sees her little sister sleeping, walking over to the bed and pressing a kiss on her sister's forehead. "Goodnight" She whispers and walks out of the room.

Rose is the best big sister Y/N could ever wish for and the two have such a good relationship, but it looks like Rose hasn't checked today's date either.

The clock hits 10 pm and Scarlett walks through the front door with a sigh. Today was really stressful and full of work. The blonde can't wait to go to bed.

Scarlett finds her oldest daughter in the living room, waiting for her. She smiles, walking over to her, pressing a kiss to her forehead and thanking her for taking care of her siblings.

"Was everything okay?" Scarlett asks, sitting on the couch beside the younger blonde.

"Yeah. All good... although... Y/N seemed a bit off in the evening. She didn't even eat dinner and went to bed early" Rose says, still worrying about her little sister.

"That doesn't sound like our Y/N. I'll talk to her in the morning... I'll go to check up on her and then go to bed" Scarlett says, standing up again. "Thank you once again. You should go to bed too, young lady" Scarlett says playfully.

Rose chuckles, rolling her eyes. "Goodnight, mom" She smiles, getting a 'goodnight' from her mom back.

Scarlett makes her way to her youngest daughter's room, quietly opening the door. Y/N's still not asleep, she's just pretending again and hoping to get her 'happy birthday' at least like that. Scarlett walks over to her daughter and presses a kiss to her forehead like Rose did before, whispering a 'goodnight'.

Scarlett leaves the room, going to check up on Cosmo and then heading to her own bed. Y/N sits up, tears slowly and quietly running down her cheeks. How could her own mother forget about her daughter's birthday?

About more than 2 hours later, Scarlett's fast asleep in her bed while Y/N's just sitting on her bed with tears stained cheeks and puffy eyes. The little blonde stands up, walking to her mother's room.

"Mommy?" Y/N whispers, shaking her mom slightly. Scarlett groans, turning around.

"Y/N/N?" Scarlett sits up, switching on the lamp that is on the nightstand. "What happened, bubs? Why are you crying?" She asks, wiping Y/N's tears away with her palm.

"You don't love me anymore?" Y/N asks, her voice breaking and new tears forming in her eyes.

"Wha-Of course I love you, Y/N/N. I love you so much... Why would you think that, sweetheart?" Scarlett asks, her heart breaking from the fact her daughter would ever think anything like that.

"Because it was my birthday yesterday and you didn't say anything" Y/N explains, breaking into tears.

"No. No, it wasn't" Scarlett says, taking her phone and checking the date, seeing June 13th when her daughter was born June 12th. "Shit" She curses under her breath, guilt taking over her. How could she forget about her daughter's birthday? "Y/N/N, I'm so sorry" She apologises, tears now forming in her own eyes. "I'm so, so, so sorry"

"But it's not just you. Rose and Cosmo didn't say anything either. You don't want me anymore?" Y/N sobs, looking at her mother as tears are streaming down her face too by now.

"Honey, of course we want you. I can't imagine my life without you in it. I'm so sorry I forgot about yesterday's special date, I though it was today for some reason. I'm so sorry" Scarlett sighs, pulling Y/N into a tight hug. "I'll make it up to you, I promise. I'll let you stay home for the entire week, so we can be only together every morning. Do you want your presents now or do you want to leave it on the morning?" Scarlett panics.

"I just want to go to sleep" Y/N sobs, all the crying made her tired.

"Okay. We'll celebrate your birthday properly today, okay? I promise I'll make it up to you. I'm so sorry, pumpkin. Can you forgive me?" Scarlett asks, hating when one of her children is upset.

Y/N nods weekly. "But we'll be only together for the week" The little tired girl says.

"Only together, I promise" Scarlett smiles, wiping her daughter's tears away. "Now close your eyes and sleep, my little princess. You have a big day ahead of you" Scarlett says, laying her daughter down on the bed. Y/N closes her eyes as she's really tired. "Happy birthday, my love. I'm sorry again. Sweet dreams, I love you so much" Scarlett whispers, pressing a kiss to Y/N's forehead.

"I love you too, mama' Y/N mumbles before falling into a deep slumber, making Scarlett smile and sigh in relief.

~~~

I honestly don't know what is this... But I hope you enjoyed reading it anyway!! <33