Chapter 10: Unknown Feelings

After the mansion was burned down, Shinichi instantly healed Kagome's chest with flesh bandages before she and Sesshomaru took off returning to the Western Palace. After a while, he stopped for a second as he gritted his teeth in anger. He spun around and faced Kagome with an angry look.

"You stupid human!" Sesshomaru growled in anger. "What do you think you're doing by running off like that!?"

Kagome was shocked. She had never seen him that way before. She didn't flinch. She didn't even want to cry either.

"Sesshomaru?" Kagome said, worried a bit.

Sesshomaru clenched his fists tightly, angrily. "You don't know anywhere in the palace nor this place when I first met you! You just decided to wander off when you ended up getting kidnapped by those humans and demons! Then I'll have to come to find you when my father forced me to! Do you know how much time and energy I wasted looking for you!? Such a stupid human you are...! If you don't exist, I would have the sword when I had a chance! Thanks to you! Now I had to come to rescue you!"

Kagome glared at him. "Excuse me!? Don't talk to me like that you jerk!" She yelled at him, "I've been having a lot of situations to find my way home, so show some respect!"

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes furiously. "Show some respect to a weak human like you?"

She narrowed back. "There is nothing weak about me!" She declared, "I don't care what you're calling me that or decide to do to me, Sesshomaru. I get it now, you hated me, but it still isn't an answer. Do you think I wanted to leave the only home I knew? Leave the people that care about me behind!? You think I wanted to lose my father and..."

Then Kagome felt the sharp pain burning from her chest while walking beside Sesshomaru before he noticed it. She started to breathe heavily, feeling too much pain in her chest.

Sesshomaru didn't care as he watched her feeling hurt like this before walking away. "I think it's time you return home, miko."

Kagome stopped breathing for a second. "Miko?" She asked confusingly, ignoring the pain she was in, "Um, Sesshomaru... why did you call me miko?"

He stopped, glancing his eyes over his shoulder at Kagome. At first, he didn't reply to her when he kept staring at her.

"Was it a nickname?" Kagome asked again.

He sighed. "It's because of what you are. It wasn't a nickname, miko. Miko means Priestess."

"Priestess? You think I'm a priestess?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yes. I could sense your spiritual power within you. Am I wrong?"

Kagome stared over his gaze. "I don't think you were wrong, Sesshomaru." She replied, "What you're saying is true."

"Indeed, miko." Sesshomaru replied.

"As far as I know, you are--"

"You had the jewel inside your body, are you not? If you had the jewel inside your body, that will make you a reincarnate one."

Kagome was confused.

"Now get going. I don't want to argue with you more." He began to walk away as Kagome followed him quickly and listen to his conversation. "Only a priestess with true powers could have done that." He said, still walking away from her.

She looked over the Shikon Jewel instantly with her bare hand. "What does it mean, Sesshomaru?" She asked him again until she felt something bite her in her face then she slapped herself on her left cheek.

Sesshomaru heard a slap noise when he turned around and noticed there was a flea who bitten Kagome's left cheek.

"Myoga."