Chapter 7: The Mansion

Shinichi stared at the young girl as she slept. She looked so innocent and young as she slept. He undressed her red kimono, revealing her naked body with a bra and underwear on. He wondered why the young girl wore strange clothes. However, he undo the bra and then took off her panties before he started to heal her injuries then wrapped her around with the flesh bandages. After he was done, he wrapped the blanket around her naked body then he left her to rest for a while.

***

Warmth. She felt warmth covering her cold naked body. She only sat up from the bed as the pain took over her body. She grunted in pain, burning inside her ribs. She remembered Rui and falling off the cliff. She didn't expect that there would be a river down below. She thought it was a big ocean. Thank God. She guessed that she was somewhat lucky. She knew she wasn't in Taisho's palace anymore. It looked like she was in a room at an inn. But it looked more like a room at Taisho's palace.

The shoji door opened and Kagome's eyes widened at the figure who stood in the doorway. This person had a gray hair and he looked very old. He wore a pair of hakama with a white haori.

"You're awake. That's good." An old man said as he walked over to her and sat down next to her, "How are you feeling?"

"It hurts a lot, but I feel achy all over," Kagome said, rubbing her shoulder and back.

"Well, you should lie back down, my dear." He said.

"Okay. But tell me what your name is before I should lie back down." She suggested.

"I'm Shinichi and I'm a doctor." Shinichi said, smiling kindly, "And you are?"

"I'm Kagome. Kagome Higurashi."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Kagome." He replied.

"Likewise, Dr. Shinichi. Please call me Kagome." Then she laid back down on the futon. Shinichi pulled the cover up to her chin.

"Get some rest, Kagome. Then I'll bring you some food later." Shinichi said.

"Thank you." Kagome smiled.

He smiled back. "You're welcome." He opened the door and left the room. The room went quiet afterward. Kagome had never expected that Shinichi had saved her from death. She was very thankful to the doctor. Even though she was homesick and wanted to go back to her era. She had to admit that everyone in the feudal era was very kind to her. She slowly closed her eyes and went into a dreamless sleep.

***

Sesshomaru searched everywhere in the field. He didn't find her yet. He was so frustrated and angry with his father who told him what to do. He flew in the sky, tracking down Kagome's scent. Even though he must obey his father, so he could have the sword for himself. He wanted the Tessaiga sword so badly, but Taisho refused to pass it on to him.

I promised Father I'd search for her. But I can't catch a scent. Sesshomaru thought.

Suddenly, he finally caught a scent from the river. He widened his eyes a bit as he landed on the riverbank, smelling of Kagome. He realized she was injured from falling off the cliff, but he smelled something. He glanced down and saw a footstep. He used his two index fingers and then tasted the small dust. Sesshomaru knew someone had saved her life. Another human, he added. So he has to go track down their scents.

***

Sesshomaru rushed to the mansion where they had taken Kagome. He finally made it. He'll be able to bring her back to the Western Palace. Without knocking on the door, he landed on the ground where he can land in the garden. He stayed silent for a moment. Sesshomaru walked towards the house when he was about to enter, but he suddenly heard a female voice.