Sign language -All x reader

Summary: A deaf boy comes up in thebox and Yn is the only one who remembers sign language. I'm bad at summaries... Ugh! 

Well... Hope you enjoy!!

1st person POV (your Pov): 

It was a normal day in the Glade and I was helping Newt in the gardens. It was my day off and I always spent my days off helping in anything and everything in the Glade. It's not that I loved it, I mean, It would be nice to have a real day off once in a while, but It was ok, after all I could spend my day with my best friend, Newt.

We were planting some tomatoes when the alarm of the box was heard in all the Glade. It was greenie day, so I wasn't surprised or curious, it was probably another scared boy just like all the rest. In the two years that I've been here no girls have come up in the box, just me.

Newt got up and ran to the box after saying goodbye to me. He was just as curious as me but he was second in command so he had to be there, even if he didn't care. We also knew that showing the greenie around usually took all day, so we probably wouldn't see each other until tonight in the bonfire.

I was still working when I heard someone say my name. Well not just one person, a whole crowd was yelling my name from the box. I quickly stopped what I was doing and ran to the box. After a few seconds running, I arrived at the entrance of the box where everyone was.

-Yn! Finally!- Gally said looking frustrated.

-What's the problem, guys?-

-We need a little help here!- Some glader shouted from inside the box.

-Yn!- I recognized Alby's voice -Come here, please...-

-What is it?- I asked impatiently because no one told me what was happening.

-Listen, we've been trying for forever to take the greenie out of the box, but he just doesn't listen to anything we say!- I sighed heavily. They always called me when there was a problem with a greenie, they said it was because I was the most tactile person here and I wouldn't scare them that easily.

-Alby, It's been 20 minutes since the box came up, you guys are just so impatient.- I told the leader of the glade. He came up a month before me so Newt and I knew him more than anyone, and we knew he was pretty impatient.

-Alright! I'll go down, let's see what's wrong with him...- I said

-Ok, thank u, Yn.- Alby, Newt, Gally and some others stood in front of the box while I was going down to welcome the greenie.

-Hi, there greenie! Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you...- I tried to tell the greenie but he didn't seem to notice me.

-Hey do you hear me??- That's when I saw what was happening. He showed me that he couldn't hear me by signalling with his hands his ears and then forming an "X" with his fingers. My eyes widened. He was deaf.

At that moment, some images appeared in my mind. Images of people moving their hands while mouthing something. Then, before I knew what I was doing, my hands started moving somehow telling the greenie that everything was alright and I wouldn't hurt him. He then responded with his hands, telling me that he didn't remember anything. Don't ask me how I understood him because, as Newt would say, I don't bloody know.

-It's alright, you can trust me- I told him in sign language and talking at the same time, even though I had discovered that he couldn't hear me.

-Hey! Is everything alright in there!?- I heard Newt yell from outside.

-Yeah, yeah! We're coming, just... wait a second...-

I told the greenie that we were going up and I was going to introduce him to everyone and show him everything. He understood and got up to follow me out of the box.

-Finally, what took you so long?- Gally asked me when I was out of the box.

-Listen, guys, before you meet him you need to know that- I tried to explain to them but I was cut off by Gally who started to walk towards the greenie that had just got out of the box.

-Hey there, greenie!- But the boy just walked past him and approached me.

-I know I'm rude, but this is another level...- Gally muttered while he returned to where Alby, Newt, me and now the greenie were standing.

-That's what I was trying to tell you, dumbass. He's deaf!- I kind of yelled at Gally. I say "kind of" because I had never really yelled at any of the gladers, not even Gally, as much as he pisses me off. I always tried to keep calm and not let my emotions get the best of me. That was another thing, I had never ever shown any strong emotions in front of the boys, apart from joy and another few things. 

I didn't want them to think that I was weak just because I was a girl. Even though I had shown on multiple occasions that I was more than capable of protecting myself, they were all kind of overprotective and thought that any little thing could break me mentally or physically. I was even selected by Minho to be a runner, but Newt said that It was too dangerous and he wanted me safe. I understood and declined the job despite Alby and Minho's protests. 

They told me I was good at every job here so I decided to be a med-jack because I enjoyed helping the others. I also help Frypan in the kitchen, and almost everyday I also helped the builders and runners with the drawing works because they said that I had the most precise hand in this place. But where I spent most of my time was in the gardens and you wanna know why? Because I could spend most of my day with him, with my favourite boy here: my best friend Newt. Even if it wasn't my job I managed to spend a lot of time with him in the gardens. Both, on my days off and in my free time. That's why I still worked the days off, for me it wasnt work, it was just spending time with the blonde boy.

-What?!- All the boys yelled at the same time. I was so lost in thoughts that I almost didn't even hear them. But, when I recovered, I immediately started explaining.

-He's deaf, he can't hear us so- I was interrupted by Alby who started complaining about my unnecessary explanation of the word "deaf".

-I think we all know that-

-Ok, but the thing is that I- But I was interrupted again by Gally.

-How the hell are we supposed to communicate with him?!-

-That's what I'm trying to explain...- Then the greenie took a step forward and ask me (in sign language, of course) who were this guys, wich I responded telling him everything. 

While I was "talking" with the guy, the boys kept staring at me with their jaws droped. When I finished telling the greenie everything (and by that I mean the names of the leaders: Alby, Newt and I; and that I would give him a tour in a few minutes), Newt stepped forward, still amazed, and cleared his troat. 

-Umm... Excuce me but, what the BLOODY hell was that?!- He yelled. 

-Jesus, calm down. It was just me communicating with the grennie, in sign language- I told him calmed. 

-Ok, but, how do you know that? How do you even remember the... sign language?- Alby said also amused like Newt. 

-I dont know, I just do. So now, if you don't mind, Im gonna take the greenie on a tour. See ya later, shanks!- And with that I walked away, dragging the greenie with me and starting explaining everything to him. It was going to be a long day when I would have to explain to everyone that he was deaf... 

________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so that was my first imagine, I hope you liked it.

Anyways, I dont know any deaf person so I just wrote this searching some thing on internet. Maybe its not too real but It was fun to write.

This was 1367 words, Its not a lot but I wanted to ended it there. Maybe I'll write a part 2 because I wasnt thinking on ending it there but I wanted to post it so...  (Also sorry for my english is my second language so maybe there are some grammar errors) 

Well, hope you liked it and see you in the next chapter, shanks!!