Ch.06

With my heart pounding in my chest, I raised my two hands in a gesture of surrender as the man approached me with a sinister smile

"No need for that," he chuckled, finding amusement in my fear. But as he drew closer, I seized the opportunity and delivered a powerful punch to his face, catching him off guard and making him stumble back.

Without wasting any time, I started running again, fueled by adrenaline and determination to escape. "I thought your brother was the boxer," he muttered to himself, clearly surprised by my unexpected retaliation.

But he quickly regained his composure and continued the chase, although now I could see a hint of dizziness clouding his movements.

As I sprinted through the alleys, desperately trying to put distance between us, I spotted a black car up ahead, almost blocking my path.

An unfamiliar voice from inside urgently shouted, "Get inside quick!"

I hesitated for a moment, unsure if I could trust the stranger. However, the sound of the man's approaching footsteps pushed me to make a split-second decision.

I ran towards the car and jumped inside as the door slammed shut behind me. The car sped off, leaving my pursuer far behind.

Glancing at the woman beside me, I tried to make sense of the situation. She pulled down her shades, and a smirk played on her lips. Suddenly, it clicked in my mind; I remembered the girl I had met in the hospital, Young Ju.

"You don't remember me, Ms. [name]," Young Ju said. Tears welled up in my eyes as fear consumed me. "Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"Don't cry. I will explain everything to you, but for now, ready yourself," Young Ju replied, gesturing for me to look ahead. I noticed a convoy of cars approaching us.

"They are also looking for you," Young Ju added, leaving me even more confused.

When the other car in the convoy drove past us, Young Ju exchanged a smirk with the man in the car, and the chase began once again.

As we sped through the streets, I held on tightly to the seatbelt, praying for my life. I caught a glimpse of the familiar car in the side mirror, confirming that my pursuers were still relentless in their pursuit.

Young Ju made a sharp turn, leading us into the forest. As we drove through the dense trees, I couldn't help but feel a mix of fear and hope. What did Young Ju want from me? Why was my father involved, and why was my heart so crucial?

Eventually, Young Ju stopped the car, and I found myself drenched in rain and mud, looking like a mess. Young Ju seemed to pity me as she explained.

"Your father is in here. You know Chairman Han is dying, and your father's heart is not working, I believe. Do you realize what I'm saying? My brother is in a hurry to fetch you to save our father."