twenty-one.

narrative

narrative.

"whew, these boxes bout heavy esshit." you sighed as you finished bringing some of the boxes to your living room area. "mmcht, you barely carried shit." kai shouted from outside the door. you couldn't help but laugh at him complaining.

2 and a half years went by & everything was going so well for you. you now were living in a high rise apartment in atlanta, georgia with a 2023 srt hellcat. during those 2 years, you did as you promised & focused on you.

 during those 2 years, you did as you promised & focused on you

Flashback!

you had came back from the hospital & sat on the couch. "y/n, what's been really going on?" your father asked. "i know i'm not home as much & we aren't not close but talk to me boogie." he added.

you sighed. "it was this boy. he- do i need to get my gun?" your father sternly asked. you laughed at his antics. "no but i really liked him. he was always stuck on this girl & he had actually broke up with her to be with me." you smiled.

"y/n." you looked at your father to see him giving you a nice side eye. "what? i actually fell for him?" you tried to rebuttal but your father wasn't hearing it.

he got up & headed into the kitchen as he spoke. "that's how you know that's not a true boyfriend. if he was always stuck on her, why would he jump onto you?" he looked over at you. you began to pout. "okay, that stung." you rolled your eyes.

"but it's the truth boogie. a man isn't going to love on one female & just onto the next like that. seems to me that he was using you to get over her." he shrugged. you could feel tears streaming down your face.

'the truth really does hurt.' you thought. "however, that doesn't mean you're worth any less than you are." he said as he placed some grapes in front of you both.

"you're a dope ass person inside out & you get your looks from your beautiful mother." he said as he hugged you. "like derrick said, take time to yourself. forget that little boy & focus on you. make your future happen & im right here cheering for you." he smiled as you hugged your dad.