-'♡'- An Interloper

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

It was late at night when Y/n decided to stroll around the forest of Sumeru. Not long into the walk, she noticed a person with an abnormally large hat. She decided that it was best to keep a distance and walk quietly past him. However, that plan failed as soon as she noticed the person staring at her.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"So it seems I have caught myself an interloper," he said in a low voice, then raised his voice louder to ask, "What do you want from me?"

"Uh... sorry what?" I said, not sure what I was supposed to respond with.

"Are you having difficulty comprehending my words? You're already trying my patience," he said.

"I- I was just passing by," I awkwardly chuckled and pointed to the direction I was walking towards.

"You know the concept of a 'rest hour?' It's a period in the night when every decent, hard-working citizen should be asleep," he said as he stared into my soul.

"Uh yeah, I didn't mean to disturb your rest time!" I explained quickly.

"You are nothing more than a nuisance," he mumbled quietly but loud enough for me to hear what he was saying.

"Excuse me? That's really rude," I said to him, raising a brow.

"Rude? Hah. The truth really doesn't go down well with you, does it?" he asked.

"Uh...I don't know who you think you are," I said.

"Who do I think I am? A person with common sense. But, of course, a fool like you wouldn't know anything about that."

"Okay well whatever, I'll be taking my leave," I said as I continued walking down the path. I didn't get too far when a bunch of hilichurls decided to block my path. I hadn't brought my weapon with me so I grabbed a nearby stick to block the attacks and punch the hilichurls but there were too many of them for me. Just as I was about to get hit by one of the hilichurls, a gust of wind blew and attacks hit the hilichurls as they all fell dead on the road. I looked behind to see the guy from before standing there.

"Your carelessness will get you killed at this rate. At least learn to defend yourself," he said.

"Really?" he scoffed, "Prove it."

"Yeah? Okay," ready to dodge his attacks, I said, "Attack me."

He sent attacks my way and I barely dodged some of them. I was breathing heavily by now, exhausted from all the dodging. I looked at him, he doesn't even seem to have broken a sweat.

"What the hell? How?" I asked.

"Is that all you can do? Pathetic," he snorted, "You call that a defense? I don't know what is so hard about dodging and counterattacking. Perhaps I would consider teaching you if you weren't so incompetent."

"Then why don't you teach me?" I asked, annoyed at his attitude.

"Me? Why would I waste time teaching you anything? What could you possibly have to offer me?" he said, looking away.

"Ok whatever, I don't need your help anyways," I said. Only partially lying because I knew his combat skills were a lot better than mine.

"Ha, you do, but you're denying it," he said, "I'll see you again tomorrow, right here."

My eyes widened in surprise, I hadn't expected him to actually help me, "what do you want in return? Mora?"

"Mora? I have no use of Mora but fine," he said, beginning to walk away.

"Okay! By the way, what's your name?" I half-shouted after him.

"Wanderer," he said plainly.

"Wanderer? Okay," what an interesting choice of name, I then shouted after him, "I'm Y/n!"

I turned around and began walking back to Sumeru City, I had expected to have a nice peaceful stroll in the forest but I guess that wasn't the case. Plus, I was getting exhausted after the fights.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚