Love is Difficult - DreamNotNap

Start from the beginning

"We know, George. We aren't gonna get all insecure and force you to say things you don't want to say or something like that. Why are you so worried?"

"I just- I don't know. It ruined my last relationship so I don't wanna risk ruining this one. I don't want to make you guys feel neglected or something."

"And you won't. You show your love in other ways, we know that. So you won't have to force yourself to do anything that makes you uncomfortable."

"Thanks."

That call lasted hours, and it was one of the best ones they had. That had to be pure luck.

So when George finds himself staring at the other two so easily loving each other on the couch right next to him, he can't help but feel a bit of guilt. Why can't he just say he loves them? He does. More than anything. So why is it so difficult to say when they do it so easily. So as he watched them say quick "I love you"s to each other, and gift each other light pecks, he feels his mood worsen.

Do they wish he was more affectionate? What if he has been neglecting them? Do they feel hurt or rejected? They are always so sappy with each other, they probably wish he was the same. Sure, he could give them all of the hugs and cuddles the world could offer, but that isn't enough. He knows that they are both people who need to hear how much they are loved, not have it hugged into them. So why can't he just give that to them. Is he a shitty boyfriend?...

"And we love you too, Georgie," Dream smiled as they both crawled over to tangle themselves together. George gladly welcomed them as Sapnap agreed with Dream's words. He just smiled as they loved him and kissed his cheeks. They weren't expecting him to say anything back, and that was completely fine with them, because they knew the reason for George's struggles with love. But, they were very mistaken.

Say it back. Say it back George. They need to hear it. Don't be a shitty boyfriend. Come on. It's not just hard. It's just three little words. Three little words with such meaning that it hurts to say. It's just three words that they say all the time. They can do it, why can't you? At least say something. Don't leave them hanging. They need this. What kind of boyfriend can't handle saying three god damn words?

"I-I love you too.." He mumbled. Sapnap looked at him, then at Dream's glistening expression, and then back at him. His wasn't the first time he said it or anything, but something about this one seemed off. When he warned them about not saying it as often, they expected it to be occasional, rare. But, instead, he said it way more than any of them thought he would. He was a bit awkward at first, stuttering and blushing whenever he said it, giggling from embarrassment. He would make little remarks about how "this is stupid," or "why am I doing this?" while they both just looked at him with patient and loving eyes. But now, he can say it without all of that. It's still difficult to say, but at least he doesn't get choked up or embarrassed. It doesn't roll off his tongue nearly as easily as the others', yet he doesn't have to rip it out of himself either. Overall, he's made a lot of progress in getting comfortable with love, and they are both so proud of him for it.

"Oh my god, George loves us!" Dream happily exclaimed. That managed to snap Sapnap out of his worried trance, and have him joining in on the cheering. George just smiled at their happiness.

If they were happy, he was happy.
_____________________________________________

Sapnap was hanging out in Dream's bedroom when George texted him asking 'where r u'. He was quick to respond with 'Clay's bedroom. Come here I miss u :(', smiling as he went back to Twitter. Not even 30 seconds later, the door flung open. He cheered at George's appearance, and he just lightly smiled before plopping down on the bed next to Sapnap.