Kabanata 1

——— Unang Kabanata ———

REINCARNATION

REAGAN AIDA GIBSON

       4:30 PM is the dismissal of my last class today. I pick up my things and put them inside my bag before leaving the classroom.

As I walked down the hallway together with the other students, I glance at the window beside me.

The clouds seems to be pouring rain anytime soon. The sky is dark as I heard the faintly rumble of thunder.

What a luck.

I sighed as I turn right to the stair.

I didn't bring my umbrella today cause I thought it wasn't going to rain.

The weather earlier was just fine and now all of a sudden, the sky started to darken.

Ugh. I hate rain.

"Hala! Umuulan na."- dinig kong usapan ng mga ibang estudyante nang makababa ako.

The first floor was crowded due to the rain which started pouring outside.

I was hoping for the rain to halt for a moment since the pouring is not that heavy. So I decided to stop by our department's bulletin board which is pasted on the wall just beside the stair.

"Nothing new."- komento ko habang binabasa ang mga announcements at mga activities na nakapaskil duon.

Natigil ang mga mata ko sa pagmasid ng may mapansin akong nakadikit na lumang papel sa gilid ng board.

"A poem?"- bulong ko ng mabasa ang title nito.

"I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You"
By Pablo Neruda

What an interesting title. What does that mean though?

After reading the poem, my mind was stuck by this two particular stanza.

I do not love you except because I love you;

I go from loving to not loving you,

From waiting to not waiting for you

My heart moves from cold to fire.

I love you only because it's you the one I love;

I hate you deeply, and hating you

Bend to you, and the measure of my changing love for you