Fight and Rescue

Anyway, we got to the two fights. It wasn't as detailed as I wanted it to be, but I did my best. Originally, this chapter would also be very short, but I decided to expand on these two moments and leave a brief suspense until the next chapter. And I had to change titles 3 times while writing.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter.

Meanwhile, in the Mushroom Kingdom, Luigi and Donkey Kong arrived flying in the Rocket Barrel, looking up at the floating and dark castle above. There were several flashes of blue light flashing overhead. - "They gotta be up there." - Luigi pointed, while he and DK headed towards the castle.

However, below, one of the Koopa Troopa soldiers activated a Bill Blaster and gave a command. - "Fire!" - with that, a Bullet Bill was fired towards the two, knocking them out of the Rocket Barrel.

Both fell and rolled on the floor of the Toad Town, and saw that in front of them, there were Goombas, Koopa Troopas and other creatures, collecting Blocks ? of the whole kingdom.

"You wanna do this?" - Luigi asked, with a teasing smile. Donkey Kong smiled back at him and replied. - "Yes, I do." - As Luigi dashed forward, DK grabbed his Rocket Barrel and launched it towards the Blocks ?, knocking it down like bowling pins.

Luigi jumped on some enemies and hit one of the blocks ? flying towards him, taking the mushroom power-up. Quickly, he slid and kicked a block ? to Donkey Kong, who landed it and grabbed a Fire Flower power-up.

"Yes! Fire!" - DK exclaimed, after transforming into Fire DK and Luigi eating the mushroom, getting much taller than DK. - "Wah-ha!"

With that, they ran and split up, while attacking several enemies on the way. Luigi jumped on several blocks, jumped under a Piranha Plant and managed to jump on two mushrooms, until he reached the top and ground pounds through the ground, knocking down several enemies.

Donkey Kong arrived right behind him, and both passed through the area, taking down several enemies that appeared in front of them. - "This is fun!"

At one point, Luigi kicked one of the Koopa Troopa shell, which knocked a few enemies back, but ended up hitting him, knocking him down and causing him to lose his power-up. - "Ha! Loser!" - Donkey Kong teased, before also getting hit by the hoof and losing his power-up.

Quickly, Luigi got up and ran to another Block ?, and caught a Super Leaf with difficulty, transforming into Kitsune Luigi. - "Hey, what does this do? Woah!" - he wondered, bumping into several enemies, while his tail and he spun wildly.

After managing to regain control, his fear was replaced by excitement and he started to laugh. Right behind, DK started to climb up one of the giant chains leading to Bowser's castle, and Luigi flew alongside him.

"Cute kitsune suit!" - Donkey Kong commented, seeing Luigi. The green plumber chuckled lightly and asked. - "Really?" - "Of course, man!" - DK replied, as he deflected one of the iron balls fired by one of the Koopa Troopas in flying Koopa Clown Cars.

---

Back at the wedding, several enemies found themselves frozen by Peach, who continued to shoot ice balls, while others were taken down by Mario and the other prisoners. During that time, the ice under the chains was breaking

At one point, both were talking to each other while taking down several enemies. - "So, are you the princess that monster was talking about?" - Mario started, hitting one of Bowser's minions with his crowbar.

"Yes, and I believe you must be Mario, right? Luigi told me about you." - Peach answered back, while freezing another Koopa Paratroopa in the air.

"Yeah, my brother is really cool, right?" - Mario asked, smiling. - "Yeah, I can tell he's very kind and a little shy, but very determined!" - she replied, while she was sad to remember the green plumber.

Mario laughed as he continued to fight. - "I know, right? And by the way, how is he? I believe he is safe and well, right?" - he asked. Peach was at a loss for how to respond, until out of nowhere, their conversation was interrupted when several spears were thrown towards them by Koopas Paratroopas.

Reflexively, Peach froze one of them, knocking him over. One of the Koopa Paratroopas threw a spear at them, which she caught in the air. - "Nice catch." - Mario commented, while knocking down another Koopa Troopa.

Peach nodded, as she placed the spear in a small pit of lava, ignited it, and jumped up and threw the spear towards King Bob-omb's fuse. The same woke up, and began to get agitated, while trying to put out the fire in his head.

After landing, Peach saw the ice on the winch that held the cages cracking until it broke. Mario and the other prisoners noticed this too. King Bob-omb, on the other hand, gave in when he realized that he would not be able to stop the explosion. The other soldiers and prisoners noticed this and retreated.

Before Peach could freeze the squeal again, King Bob-omb's explosion ripped through the place, knocking her and the others away. Peach hit the stairs, losing her power-up. Mario was thrown off the altar, clinging to the edge.

The Kongs that were in the cages saw the ones that contained the piles of rocks melt in the lava, leaving them desperate. The other prisoners, who came out from behind the pews, were horrified by the situation of the other prisoners, while Lumalee twirled and laughed. - "Whee!"

But before they met the same fate as the rocks, out of nowhere, the currents screeched to a halt. Above the structure, Donkey Kong held and pulled the winch up, pulling the cages where his father and the other Kongs were.

The Kongs and the prisoners were happy, while Lumalee just booed again in disappointment as he wanted to see those other prisoners have "mercy" on their imprisonment. - "Boo... "

Mario smiled when he saw that the other prisoners were fine. But his smile didn't last long, as he noticed his fingers slipping from the edge. Before he knew it, the red plumber started to fall at high speed, towards the lava. So, would that be the end of it? Die not knowing if his brother was safe and well? Without being able to see him one last time? Without being able to say how much he loved him?

Before he could blink, something grabbed him out of midair, and he felt himself flying through the air. As he looked up, surprise and joy filled Mario's face. - "Lu!" - "Mario!"

Luigi flew with Mario until they both landed in front of the altar, and they faced each other before hugging. - "Mario, you're alive! I was so worried about you, bro. I thought I'd never see you again, either." - Luigi declared, while almost crying with emotion.

"I told ya! See? As long as we're together, everything is gonna be okay." - Mario declared, as he leaned his forehead against his younger brother, and went back to hugging him again. - "I got it, Mario." - Luigi muttered, after Mario briefly lifted him off the ground.

As soon as they pulled away a little, Mario started looking at his brother. He couldn't believe he was there, safe and well. Until he noticed the suit his little brother was wearing.

"But hey Luigi, why do you look like a wolf? What is this?" - Mario asked, as he inspected his suit, with a brief smile, and petting his brother like a puppy. Luigi just smiled shyly in response.

Meanwhile, Donkey Kong pulled the cage where his father was, put it on the ground and opened the cage door, freeing him. Cranky Kong got out of the cage with the help of his son, and started to congratulate him. - "Ya did good, kid. Make your pecs dance, you deserve it."

"No time now! Definitely later!" - declared DK, as he ran back to Luigi and the others. Cranky watched him, pride on his face.

Luigi and DK arrived and were reunited with their friends and family. What do you think will happen in the next chapter?

And I realized I forgot to add the last 6 paragraphs in that chapter. My bad...

Warning: If I can't update the next one instantly, it's because I fall asleep again. Damn rhinitis... :(