𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 2

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck are you doing ?" He asked, annoyed.

"Can we go there, please ?" I pointed to the shop.

His eyebrows furrowed and his lips went into a thin line. He rolled his eyes and started to walk away.

"No."

I frowned, saddened by his refusal. I would have loved to have a pet. Father never agreed to adopt one and I always thought I would get one once I would leave his house. I sighed softly, biting my bottom lip before following him once again. I knew he didn't care about my happiness but I had hoped he would have agreed to my request. Even if it was a one time thing. Guess I was wrong.

"Well, I need to buy some food for my owl, so yes, we are going in there." Draco spoke up, loud enough for Mattheo to hear him since he had walked away.

I looked at him, my eyes widened slightly. Hasn't he noticed how angry and annoyed Mattheo was ? He winked at me and I smiled brightly when I understood he was just finding an excuse for us to go. I heard a huff and I saw Mattheo coming toward us, clearly pissed.

"Make it quick. We have everything we need so we're going back home after. I have other things to do." He glared at us, his eyes darkening when looking at me.

I nodded quickly, afraid to anger him more. We entered the shop and I looked around, amazed by all the creatures they had. I saw they had snakes and a smile crept on my face. I've always loved them. I knew most people were afraid of them but I thought they were the most intriguing and beautiful creatures to exist. My feet carried me to them and I watched them, amazed by their beauty. They were mostly small snakes, except for one. It was a python snake with black scales. It was truly beautiful. I read the paper on its cage and saw it was a 2 years old female. Meaning she hasn't reached her full size and would become slightly bigger than she already was. I wished I could take her home but since Mattheo was so reluctant to come here, I knew it wasn't going to happen. I sighed while observing the magnificent snake slithering around its cage.

I heard footsteps coming my way and I looked up to see it was Mattheo. His eyes went from me to the snake, frowning. I turned my attention back to the snake, not knowing if I should ask him anyway or not. I bit my tongue, knowing I would just angered him more.

"How long have you been in here ?"

I was about to ask him what he was talking about when a hiss came from the cage. My attention went back to the snake and I saw she was raising her head toward us. I frowned, confused. My eyes went to Mattheo then the snake again, my mind racing to comprehend what was happening. His gaze was on the reptile. Then, my eyes widened in shock when the hiss turned into words.

"Too long. I was born here."

Realization hit me like a brick. He wasn't speaking to me. He was talking with the snake. My breath hitched. How could I understand it ? To my knowledge, I wasn't a parselmouth. Mattheo hummed, snapping me out of my thoughts. He turned to me, his brown eyes scanning my face. He raised an eyebrow before crossing his arms on his chest.

"You look like shit. Don't tell me you're going to be sick."

I swallowed and resisted the urge to glare at him. I know I had to be somewhat obedient and nice to him if I wanted to please my Father and the Dark Lord, but boy, was he rude. I was starting to grow frustrated with how he was speaking to me. He could try to be nicer.

"Hey, I got the- Aelys ? Are you alright ? You're pale as fuck !" Draco exclaimed as he came to us, putting his hand on my shoulder.

Mattheo glared at him. I didn't know why he was so mad whenever Draco would talk to me. Was I not allowed to have friends ? I nodded, swallowing harshly. I had to come up with an excuse. I couldn't tell them I understood the snake and Mattheo's conversation. Not here at least.