chapter 1

Sunoo's Pov:

"Kim Sunoo.. i'm so sorry." my manager said. "why?, what happened sir?" i asked, confused. "look.. i'm afraid we're going to shut down. bussiness has been slow and i'm afraid i won't be able to pay you.. i'm so sorry." he said, trying not to cry.

"oh- uhm.. it's completely fine sir!, i'll just find a new job," i replied. "take care sunoo, here's your last paycheck." he said handing me an envelope

"oh, i can't accept that. especially since i know for a fact that you are struggling to pay rent, please. keep it sir." i said "no no, i insist! i need to pay you somehow.. you're to good to me." he said

"don't worry about that sir, just please, please keep it." i said, declining his offer. "alright then.. thank you again sunoo. i'm really sorry again.." he replied

"it's fine, really sir!" i said as i walked out of the store. how am i going to find a new job now? i can barely pay rent and sir Haneul said if i can't pay rent he has no other choice but to evict me. aish, i should've accepted that paycheck.. but if i did what would my manager do? ah, all of this is too confusing!

i stopped by a restaurant who was currently hiring. they we're looking for a chef since the other one quit. of course i had to apply, i have no hope. i know i'll get rejected but you could always try right?,

"come in." the manager said with a cold tone, not gonna lie i was scared at this point. "hello sir." i said, bowing. "sit down, please" he said looking at my resume.

after a few minutes or so, i was dozing off. but i was snapped back to reality when i heard the manager call my name. "kim sunoo." he said looking at me "i'm sorry, but you did not meet any of the requirements.." he said in an apologetic tone. "ah, okay.. i'll head out now, thank you for your time!" i said, bowing once again and head out. (A/N : idk how these work LMAO)

i was tearing up. covering my face so that no one sees me crying, if they did i would end myself right here, on this spot. how am i going to pay rent now? ah, it was hopeless. was i going to give up right now? yes.

wait- kim sunoo what are you thinking?! you can't just give up now! who gives up that easily? definetely not me. i know that's a lie but i'm trying to get my confidence back 😢

i was walking back to my apartment, only to be hit by a flying paper. hopefully no one saw that.. i looked at the paper and it said

"Hiring! looking for: assistant. visit ENH-P comp. to apply!;)

(please apply.)" ha, i like the person who made this, but anyway. i need to get this job. i was on the verge of giving up, but i mean it's not bad giving up right?

i was busy looking for ENH-P, the company is nowhere to be seen! aish, this is gonna be hard. i was trailing off until i finally found it. finally, that took forever.

i was walking towards the building, thinking if i should apply or not, suddenly i got my confidence back. i don't know how but it just magically did
anyway! i went inside holding the paper in my hand and standing awkwardly due to nervousness

"hm? oh, are you here to apply for a job?" a man said, i turned around and saw a blonde guy, probably 6ft tall and he looks so intimidating. "oh- uhm! yes i am." i said, bowing. "ah, alright. you're hired" he said "wait- but aren't you supposed to interview me?" i replied

"yes, but i don't want to. i'm too busy, plus i really need an assistant right now so interviewing someone would just waste my time" he said. "and what if i was a bad guy?" i said, arms crossed. "then i'd call security." he replied, flipping his hair. "alright then, nice to meet you- uh.. Mr?" i said, asking for his name "oh, it's Nishimura Riki." he said, smiling "nice to meet you then, Mr. Nishimura" i said "please don't call me that, call me Ni-ki. i don't like it when someone calls me 'Mr'." he replied

"oh, alright then. i'm Kim Sunoo by the way" i said, giving him a smile "did i ask?" he replied, walking off. i scoffed at his response. how dare he?! he didn't even tell me when i should start! i sighed as i followed him. "hey wait! Ni-ki!" i screamed "what?" he replied, stopping his tracks. "oh, you start now. and your office is right there." he said, pointing at the office right beside me. "oh, okay. thank you, Ni-ki!" i said, bowing once again. "mhm, now stop bothering." he said, in a sarcastic tone.

i got in my office and holy- it's as big as my apartment! well, i might be over exaggerating but it's kinda true. i was touring myself, still shocked. everything shocked me. i was walking around until i heard the doorknob twist. "hello? sunoo?" a familiar voice said. "Ni-ki?" i said, looking at the door slightly opened. "you got that right!," he said as he opened the door all the way and put his hands on his waist. i couldn't help but chuckle at his action.

"what do you need?" i asked. "nothing. just here to bother you." he said, laughing. "literally, no one's laughing. and didn't you say you didn't want to be bothered? why are you bothering me now?" i replied. "mmm, i don't know?" he said, shrugging.

"ah, alright. but seriously, what do you want?" i replied "i want you to finish these paper works by tonight. if it's too much work its fine! take your time." he said and gave me a smile. he sounds like a great CEO. i don't even know how old he is.. "by the way, how old are you?" i asked. "why the sudden question?" he said, looking back at me. "nothing, just curious." i replied "well, i'm 22 years old." he replied as i made an 'o' face.

"i'll get going now, see you later, sunoo!" he said waving at me. "that's hyung to you!" i said. "sorry, sunoo hyung." he corrected him self, i laughed at his actions, i saw him happily skipping towards his office, he's like a 16 year old even though he's 22. oh well, you can only live once right?

[time skip]

these paper works are a pain in the ass. i had to finish these before 8:00 pm, it's currently 7:07 pm right now. "boo" "ahh!" i screamed, as i turned around only to see Niki. "you scared me!" i said as i lightly punched him on the shoulder, him laughing like he was about to die.
"HA! you should've seen your face, hyung!" he said, still laughing. "it's not funny, nishimura!" i said, frowning. "oh come on, it is!" he said, chuckling "whatever. now leave me alone! i'm trying to do work." i said "leave me alone nenene" he mocked "shut up!" i said while slapping his chest

"ow! you know that hurts right?" he said putting his hand on his chest for a dramatic effect. "yeah, yeah, go on. i need to focus!" i yelled at him "okay fine! but just know imma need those paper work by 8:00 0'clock." he said pointing his finger at me. "yes i know, that's why you should stop bothering me!" i said, him pouting.

as he left, i was distracted, i stood up and looked at the moon. so many things happened that day.. he promised me he would be back. but he didn't. where is he now? that was 18 years ago.. his name was.. ah i forgot.

his name was similar to Niki's.

woo, chapter 1 finished! i love this chapter sbbsnsns

wc: 1357