Willing chapter 3

TW: period typical homophobia.

"You want some?"

(Y/N) blinks back to reality, picking his head up to look to his side. He's sitting on the bench hidden in the forest behind the school, a little spot for people to relax and smoke. He'd planned to sit alone and sort out his thoughts, however it seems someone had other ideas.

Beside the wooden table stands Hawkin high's most infamous student. Eddie munson. In all his long hair and denim clad glory.

The jock glances down to eye the hand held out to him, a joint pinched in between his fingertips. (Y/N) smiles but shakes his head at offer "thanks but I'm good, man." The metalhead shrugs "suit yourself" he says moving to sit beside the other teen as he feels around his pockets for a lighter. Any other time (Y/N) would take Eddie up on the offer, but he's meeting Billy soon and he's not too sure how the drug might affect his vampiric friend. He'd rather not accidentally spike the blonde.

Eddie's quiet as he lights up and takes a drag "it's been awhile since we last hung out" the tone has (Y/N) raising an eyebrow. Eddie clearly has something he wants to get off his chest. "Yeah, a good couple of weeks" he agrees, eyeing the metalhead as he waits for the other shoe to drop. "You've been hanging with Hawkin's kings a lot lately."

Here we go.

"I get that you had trouble with them in the past-" he sighs "it's not that, (Y/N). They're assholes" Eddie frowns, meeting his friend's gaze "I don't want them rubbing off on you." (Y/N) sighs leaning back on his hands, the wood of the table's surface is rough beneath his palms "I'm not going to forget about you, Eddie." He couldn't even if he tried to, the metalhead was an enigma. He's not someone you can get out of your mind easily. "They aren't bad guys" Eddie scoffs and (Y/N) shoots him a glare that has him holding his hands up in surrender. "Steve and Billy have changed a lot, they're good people" now it's Eddie's turn to glare.

"They're bullies and stuck up pricks" Eddie takes another drag "you're one of the only decent jocks around here, it'd suck if that changed" he sighs. "Aww, I'm only decent?" (Y/N) changes the subject knowing they'd just be going round in circles again if he tried to plead his case. Eddie huffs a laugh and rolls his eyes "well your company isn't terrible, but I just don't think you're weird enough." The jock laughs loudly "you should really fix that" he teases leaning his head on Eddie's shoulder.

He liked hanging out with Eddie. He didn't feel like he had to put up such a macho front like he did with the other jocks. He didn't have to put up with the slaps on the back or bum, Eddie was more of a hugger, clingy in a way but not overwhelming. He respected (Y/N)'s boundaries and always seems to know when he needs some quiet company. All in all the jock and the freak were an unlikely duo, but they made it work.

Admittedly (Y/N) knew it was a jerk move to ask Eddie to hang out after school, but he couldn't get over the idea of Eddie not getting along with his friends. It's a selfish thought, but he wants them all to hang out together. To prove Steve and Billy had changed for the better.

So a quick phone call and the promise of beers has Eddie agreeing to swing by after he gets changed, again. (Y/N) had caught the metalhead right after he'd gotten into his PJs for a lazy day.

"That's a yes from Eddie" the jock smiles as he hangs up the phone, turning to face the guests leaning against the kitchen counter talking quietly. Billy grunts his acknowledgement, pulling a face "I still need to feed" he points out, eyeing the expanse of (Y/N)'s neck "should probably get that over with before he gets here."

He doesn't need to say much more than that, his friend is already tugging off his shirt and setting it aside on the counter. "Take what you need" (Y/N) coaxes moving towards the blonde, tilting his head to the side to show off the smooth skin of his neck. Billy's hands find purchase on the teens waist as he leans in to trail his lips along his throat.