Mercy

Vampire Eddie x hunter Steve x hunter male reader
_____________

The day had been long and draining, full of meetings and training sessions and at the end of it all Y/N just wanted to get changed into his pyjamas and slide into bed early.

But of course the universe had other plans for him, as he stares out of his front door at the two rain soaked figures on his porch. Steve Harrington, a fellow hunter and Y/N's best friend since middle school stands in the film street light, an arm slung over his shoulder as he shoots him a shy smile. "Hi" he readjusts the body leaning against him.

A vampire, he can tell by the goosebumps rising on his arms, a subtle warning from his mind. This man is dangerous, stay alert. Though currently the danger seems nullified by the fact that the beast can hardly stand on his own. A dark mop of sodden brown curls covers their face. Harrington must've really fucked this guy up.

His eyes move back to assess his friend "Harrington" . It's formal, the way they'd speak within their place of business. "You got an explanation for this" why was he here in the middle of the night? Why does he have a half dead vampire clinging to himself? Why does he look so broken? He nods "I do, invite us inside and I'll explain" Y/N eyes the vampire cautiously and Steve takes note of this "he won't be trouble, his name is Eddie" he supplies.

Clearing his throat the hunter nods, stepping back to allow space for them to pass by "alright. Eddie, come inside" and just like that he can feel his defense to the outside world drop with a single invitation. Steve shoots him a grateful smile as he hurries them inside, making his way into the living room. "Do you mind explaining what's going on now?" Y/N asks as he shuts the door and follows them in, watching as Steve lays the vampire down on his couch with too much care.

Steve turns to face him and takes a deep breath "I didn't know who else to turn to, he's hurt and I panicked and you always seem to know how to fix things when I fuck up" Y/N observes the vampire from where he stands across the room. His breathing is shallow, mouth barely parted to allow for what probably started as harsh pained panting. There's a sheen of sweat across his forehead and the skin it sits on is pale and sallow. The cause for his condition is clear to him now, the shaft of a wooden stake protruding from his chest, the wound staining a grey Metallic cropped shirt with dark patches of crimson.

"You staked a vampire...and now you feel bad about it?" Y/N asks incredulously, Steve runs a hand down his face and shakes his head "no, I didn't stake him" he levels the man with an annoyed look, though Y/N feels its directed towards whoever actually staked the vampire " some stupid trainee attacked him, I was lucky to find him. The bastard just left him there in the alley way to rot" he growls.

"Still not understanding why you want to help him. You're acting like you're friends with this bloodsucker" the hunter frowns eyeing the body on the couch. Steve huffs hands on his hips "I am, well Henderson is. Eddie and I are...acquaintances? I guess" he sounds unsure of his own answer but Y/N ignores that in favour of the new information "you let Henderson hang out with a vampire?" He grinds his teeth trying to rein in his anger. "No! I didn't even know at first but then he started disappearing for hours each day and got cagey when I asked about it, so I followed him and long story short, after a scuffle I met Eddie" he sounds like Robin in the way that he rambles quickly barely pausing for breaths. "Okay" Steve eyes him as if he were expecting more than just "okay".

Steve startles as (Y/N) moves forwards without another word, stepping closer to the vampire "do what do we do?" He sounds anxious and with the way he eyes Eddie it's clear he cares for the man, but sometimes people have to do things they don't like. "We stake him, usual protocol" (Y/N) asserts when Steve moves to stand in front of Eddie who only murmurs a groan when his arm hanging off of the sofa is bumped into. He'll be waking up soon he surmises. "No, are you fucking crazy? That'll break Dustin's heart. I asked for help, murder isn't helpful" (Y/N) remains steadfast in his decision. "This is a mercy, there's no gain in living as a vampire".