“Human? What… Did those stupid Imperial bastards treat you like a mere human?”

“…….”

Jiwoo’s expression darkened even more than before.

Tevon, who instantly grasped the atmosphere, threw a stone at Enci’s head. It was the same thing he did to Enci, who was rude when they first met.

“That’s enough. You’re old, so you talk a lot about this and that.”

As Enci was rubbing his back and forehead nervously, Tevon blurted out.

“Seo Jiwoo, I like you. That’s why I want to marry you.”

“What?”

“It was love at first sight.”

“W-What?”

“I liked you from the first time I saw you.”

“……”

Su, suddenly?

It seemed as if she had been hit with an attack that had a time lag, which kept pushing and then came back to her.

Jiwoo tried to cover her face with one hand, but she couldn’t stop the heat from rising to the top of her head, turning completely red. When the crown prince first said he would keep Jiwoo by his side, he didn’t tell her any such words—that he liked her.

As a blue-blooded aristocrat, he spoke in a noble manner, but did not directly confess his feelings.

Even their status of becoming lovers did not start with any words. Was he of the same mind as she was? She remembered thinking that many times.

Come to think of it, she first heard that he loved her only when he said he would marry another noble.

The crown prince knew that Jiwoo loved him and was hanging onto him. He knew how effective those words were. Maybe that’s why she cared so much about just one word?

Perhaps because she had experienced her first love that way, she felt that Tevon’s words were very easy and light.

A light remark that could be taken as a joke.

However, it was a long time when she was hung up on just that one word. Jiwoo, who had been hit by it, could not easily pass it over.

Jiwoo couldn’t make eye contact with any of them. She kept her head down and tried not to show her expression, but they had all of Jiwoo’s reactions in their eyes from earlier. There were five of them and just one of her.

And they quickly realized that a few words from Tevon were far more effective than any other condition they had ever put forth with effort.

Everyone held their breath and watched Tevon’s behavior, which would normally be free spirited.

No one stopped Jiwoo even though they could see that she was feeling troubled.

It was the first time they had seen Seo Jiwoo like that.

“And did you forget already? I told you to be comfortable with me.”

“I haven’t gotten to know you that well yet…”

“It’s not? I fell in love at first sight.”

Advertisements

“………”

“It will get better with time.”

Jiwoo set all the good conditions. She immediately thought of a way out. However, she couldn’t really refute those words.