Chapter 4: Developments

Start from the beginning

Then, with blinding speed, the enemy craft rocketed ahead of him, its guns unleashing a barrage that tore through his plane, shattering it like glass. The Lockheed U-2 spy plane from the cold war stood no chance against the ruthless assault of the Baron of Bones, Zoront iur Folkith. The chilling entity claimed Jonathan's soul as the spirit flowed into the bone knight's armor, dark magic swirling around his skeletal form like an inferno. With a sense of eerie calmness, he guided his craft towards the ground, avoiding collision with the massive flying beasts below.

The Baron of Bones was a feared ace among the undead ranks of Strakhul, commanding a plane of unmatched power. Jonathan's fate was sealed, joining the long list of victims claimed by this relentless undead aviator, whose mastery of the skies knew no equal.

Varanasi, India 16-20 hours after translocation

The city was sweltering under the relentless glare of multiple suns, but Chakravarti Bhatta was no stranger to enduring such harsh conditions. Trained to resist the scorching heat, he carried on, but he couldn't ignore the weariness and discomfort that others were experiencing. Their yearning for cooler weather sparked an idea in his mind - perhaps the Gods could help them, just as they had helped him find peace and meaning in the world.

With unwavering faith, Chakravarti Bhatta made a spiritual petition to the gods, praying for cooler conditions. To his astonishment, as he prayed, his hands began to emit a cool blue glow, and the temperature around him noticeably dropped. The relief of the people in the vicinity was palpable as they experienced the pleasant change in the air.

Intrigued by this newfound ability, he couldn't resist experimenting further. Once again, he channeled the mysterious power, and the cold returned, emanating from his hands in sparks. He felt an inexplicable connection with something beyond his understanding, as though the gods were granting him a deeper connection to their divine realm. The shattering of the sky, the bizarre events of this age - they all seemed to confirm that a new era of myth and legend was dawning.

As the hours passed, Chakravarti's experimentation led to something even more extraordinary. When a woman approached him, claiming to be sick, he followed his priestly instincts and blessed her. But this time, something incredible happened. Golden strands of healing energy flowed from his hands to her body, and a hushed silence fell upon the temple as witnesses watched in awe.

The woman's coughing subsided, and she rose with renewed vitality. Her wounds had miraculously healed, and her strength returned. Overwhelmed by gratitude, she knelt in reverential awe before the man who had seemingly worked magic before their very eyes. The crowd buzzed with whispers, acknowledging Chakravarti Bhatta as a holy figure, blessed with extraordinary abilities by the gods themselves.

Chakravarti Bhatta had performed what could only be described as miracles, and soon word spread like wildfire through Varanasi. People, desperate for healing, brought their sick relatives and themselves to him, hoping to witness the extraordinary power he possessed.

As he laid his hands on a baby's small cut, it sealed up before their eyes. An elderly woman's wrinkles faded, and her hair regained its blackness. Although he knew some might view his actions as somewhat frivolous, his heart was filled with an earnest desire to help in any way he could.

Curiosity and awe surrounded him, and one woman couldn't contain her fascination, begging to know the source of his newfound power. Stroking his grey beard thoughtfully, Chakravarti tried to explain, "I prayed to Dhanvantari and invoked the traditional rituals, seeking restoration for those in need." But deep inside, he knew there was something different this time. His rituals had never shown such dramatic effects or worked with such incredible speed.