Sonata No. 20

Eren's POV
---------------
"Mikasa!!!" I yell as I wrap her in a hug. "Happy national best friends day!"

"Hah, thanks Eren," She grins. "Don't forget to tell Armin!"

"I won't," I say as I run to Armin's class. It's AP U.S. History so he shouldn't be busy, I mean, they already took their AP test.

"Hey Eren!" Krista chirps as I reach the door. The short blonde in a bright pink knee-length dress is sitting on a desk outside the classroom with Ymir, who's arm is slung lazily around her waist as she is reading some zombie book.

"Hey Krista," I greet. "Armin in there?"

"Yeah, reading as always. You know, Ymir thought that getting a boyfriend would change his habits, but Armin is Armin," She smiles brightly.

"Yeah, he wouldn't change even if it was the end of the world," I tease. Krista shakes her head at me and Ymir snickers.

"Go tell him happy best friends day already," Ymir jabs me with her elbow.

"I'm going, I'm going!" I walk into the classroom. I easily spot Armin who seems to be too engrossed in his book to notice me. Should I sneak up on him to hear his girly scream? Yes. I quietly work my way behind Armin until he is right in front of me.

"HAPPY BE-!" Before I can finish, Erwin pops out of nowhere. "AHHHH OH MY GOD!" I scream as I fall to the floor, scared out of my mind. The eyebrows were so close to my face, I thought they would suffocate me.

"Hoe, this is why you shouldn't scare me," Armin turns around in his seat and smirks at me. I hear unknown laughter and a thud. I turn to see Levi on the floor, clutching his sides to help his breathing.

"Sorry Eren, Armin wanted to get back at you for not coming to school and Levi wanted to see your reaction. You okay?" Erwin asks as he offers his hand to lift me up.

"Yeah," I gladly take it and hoist myself up. "Sorry my rude boyfriend and awful best friend made you do this."

"ERRN IT'S NATIONAL BEST FRIENDS DAY GIVE ME AFFECTION!" Armin screeches as he jumps on me and my only choice is to catch him bridal style.

"Yeah, sure, you coconut head of evil," Erwin is standing off to the side awkwardly as Levi is getting over his laughing fit. I walk over to Erwin and dump Armin into his arms.

"Thanks Eren," Erwin smiles as he looks at Armin lovingly. Armin blushes under his gaze and soon enough the two of them are in their own little world.

"Alrighty, chibi," I say as I walk over to Levi and scoop him off the ground easily. "You owe me ice cream."

"Don't call me chibi, you shit," Levi threatens but relaxes in my arms. I shrug and kiss the top of his head.

"Happy national best friends day!" I call to Armin as I walk Levi and I out of the classroom. I get no response. They're probably just making out.

"Woah, Ackerman, allowing yourself to get carried like that! Not getting soft, are we?" Oh heavens, not Jean. Why Jean? Why is it always Jean?

"The only thing getting soft is your arm after I break it," Levi hisses. Horse face gets on my nerves, but not as bad as he gets on Levi's.

"Hey, let's just calm down now," The angel Marco steps in, trying to defuse the rising tensions. Levi taps on my arm, signaling to be let down. I oblige, causing Jean to chuckle.

"What, is Levi your master, Jaeger?" He taunts as Marco tried to pull him away, silently apologizing with his eyes.

"No, but I am his. I am his boyfriend after all," I scoff. How can Marco deal with this horse face?

"Oooooh, owning each other, are we? Have you guys even had sex yet?" He sneers.

"Jean, please, drop it!" Marco pleads.

"What does it matter to you, horse face?" My eyes start to narrow into slits.

"Because it would be hysterical if I found out that Jaeger couldn't get it up," Jean taunts. Marco stops struggling.

"Okay, I'm stepping back. If you get hit, it was your own fault," Marco goes to stand off to the side of the two of us to spectate.

"Leave it, horse face, it's not your business," I grit my teeth, holding back the urge to punch him.

"Eren," Levi steps in-between the two of us. "He's too fucking stupid. Let's just leave."

"Or maybe it's because Levi's ass grosses you out. I mean look at him, he's so small and too muscular, it looks disfigured," Levi's expression changes to something deadly.

CRACK!

A loud breaking sound echoes around us. Marco and I are stunned: Jean is nursing a now-bloody and broken nose as Levi is glaring at him, fist still raised.

"Told you, you should've dropped it," Levi murmurs as he shakes out his hand. Marco, being used to situations like this, pulls tissue out from his pocket and stuffs it in Jean's nostrils.

"Hey, be c- Ouch!" Jean hisses from Marco's harsh treatment.

"I told you to leave it, this is your consequence," Marco pulls Jean by the wrist to the nurse. "Thanks for teaching him a lesson, Levi."

"Sure," Levi nods, glancing at his hand. I step up to him and take it in my own two.

"How does it feel? Does it hurt?" I ask, scouring over each knuckle and joint for sign of damage.

"It's okay, I'll be okay," Levi looks at me and smiles.

"Good. God, I was really worried!" I engulf Levi into a hug, arms tightening around his shoulders as his arms reach behind me to grab onto my back.

"I'm sorry for worrying you," His words muffled by my chest.

"It's okay, it's my job to worry about you. Because I love you," I coo, kissing the top of his right ear. He's silent for a couple minutes and I bask in his warmth.

"Hey Eren?" He speaks up softly.

"Yeah?"

"...... I think I'm ready to say it now," He mumbles.

"Say what?" I chuckle.

"....... I love you."