Ch.10 - 'Brekky' with the Tormentors

After a tad more preparation for the breakfast, (Cutting more fruit, cooking bacon and eggs, preparing the pancakes) with the help of Connor, the Freddy mask boy, breakfast was perfect. Thank goodness for the extra pancakes she made.

Without them she wouldn't be able to feed the three extra mouths in her house. The fourth of the group, Jeremy, in the Chica mask came later than the rest, though the time was only 8:24 in the morning.

Once Jeremy came over Connor truly warmed up, which Claire was happy to see. But that also meant all four boys were now loud and/or obnoxious. Benson was loud and obnoxious, Jeremy and Connor were loud, and at the moment her son was the sole definition of obnoxious.

Bonnie mask boy led a cheerleading chant and the other three repeated it louder.

For a while it was amusing, but after 15 minutes it became increasingly unbearable. Connor, being the considerate one, directed their energy to something else. A game they made, basically a gamble. They all put their fists in a circle and took turns saying a number 1-8. If the amount of thumbs they called were put up, the one of them who said the number got to flick the others' ears. They were idiots, but she loved Michael, her baby. So if he loved being around these idiots (and was one of them) she'd let him be happy.

As long as he grew up to be a good person, trustworthy, just, resilient, sort of like his father.

They all giggled like little girls—Elizabeth would be offended by that comparison— snickering as Connor flicked their ears for the 14th time, seemingly the best at their game. The blond boy made sure to flick Benson's ear harder than the other two's, putting their faces uncomfortably close together when he did.

"OW!" Ben groaned when instead of flicking his ear Connor slapped him instead. Michael and Jeremy cackled like hyenas.

"Mrs.A," Jeremy started, "Is there food?"

Claire nodded, "Enough to give 3 pancakes per person." The boys cheered.

"Mommy?" a small voice called.

"Oh. Good morning Elizabeth," Connor greeted solemnly, possibly thinking of his own sister again.

"Ugh, why are they here?" her sass and distaste for them evident in her tone.

Jeremy stood and slipped behind her, grabbing her shoulders and putting their heads side by side, "Why, Lizzy? Don't'cha like us? Us poor fellows? Your big bro's bud—"

The girl screamed a shrill shriek in his ear and ran to her mother for comfort, "GET AWAY FROM MEEEEEE!"

He looked confused and dizzy.

"Do you want pancakes Beth?" she asked in her motherly tone.

"No waffles?"

Mike sneered, "Pancakes are better!"

Freddy mask shrugged, "I think I like waffles more."

Benson glared, on the team 'pancakes are better' as well, "My knuckles will turn you into a waffle."

"Huh?!"

In an instant, Connor was tackled and pinned to the floor by his friend, "I'm not letting you go until you say: 'Pancakes are better than waffles.'"

"Hell nah!"

Elizabeth shrieked again, pressing her face into her mother's blue dress. Why? No one knows, she just tends to scream a lot.

Jeremy shrugged, "I just want food."

Claire smiled, knowing she didn't have a preference and deciding the two boys on the floor would stop soon.

Michael cheered on Benson and Connor squirmed under him, "Ben, you fucking whale, get the heck off of meee!"

The woman put together plates of food for everyone, giving them all fruits and 3 pancakes.

"Hi mom..." C.C. yawned as he walked in, nervously eyeing the teens, "Are they mean today?" the boy mumbled to himself. He still wore his dark gray pajamas.

When she placed each plate on the table, the four boys fought over which plate they got because some pancakes were 'better than others.'

She sat herself down with them, the youngest two on either side of her, an empty chair where William would be and the teens opposite of her. All of them topped their pancakes off with all the syrups and toppings they could, just like Michael had earlier. Just like great minds thought alike... not as great... minds also thought similarly.

Claire grinned, glad to see them happy, forgetting the problems of the world. Problems that could only get worse from here. The sickening start of a story in which there's a lot of death.

Sorry! Not the greatest chapter, but at the same time, I wrote this in the car on a road trip. Team waffle? Team pancake? What do you think. If you want, leave a vote, comment which team you're on, and have a good day/night! :)

 If you want, leave a vote, comment which team you're on, and have a good day/night! :)

Guess who I'm writing about next ;)