Chapter 2 : Ready to Depart

Start from the beginning

Closing his notebook, Aether noted that it was only his own theory and that in reality he didn't knew anything of what was truly going on in the world.

But for now, it wasn't his problem. He first needed to know where he was. Sure he already knew that he was in the United States, the ridiculous amount of flag clung everywhere was the proof to that. But he didn't knew in which state he was.

Exiting his tent, Aether gathered his men for a meeting, leaving one on the concrete structure as a guard.

"Alright, I have made a decision concerning this place, we can't stay here" Aether declared.

The men and women all nodded to his statement, even if they all spent a lot of time to organize it, they understood that this place wasn't secure at all.

"But we can't go now, we don't know where we are and if we make a mistake, we are all dead. That's why I need volunteers to explore the..."

Aether didn't had the time to finish, that each one of his soldiers raised their hand to volunteer.

"... City we are in" He finished with an incredulous expression over his face.

[Host, I would like to remind you that your summon only exist to obey you. You must not ask them, you must order them]

The system advertisement recalled Aether that those soldiers were disciplined to obey, not normal people.

"I want those that have a poor sense of direction to lower their hand" Aether demanded.

Hearing this, eight of the soldiers lowered their hand. Six others were hesitant to whether or not lower their hand, as they didn't had a bad sense of direction, but they weren't good either.

"Those that are hesitant must lower their hand, the rest will be sent to explore the city" Aether ordered.

"Yes Commander !" One of the soldier replied with a salute.

Before sending the newly formed exploration team, it was important to provide supplies to them so they could survive.

Using the military backpacks found in the outpost, each soldiers had a 1L bottle of water and a first aid kit in case of wound. They were supposed to come back before the end of the day, so they didn't need any food.

Yet, they still needed something else : Ammunition.

Thankfully, Aether's system was here for that. But Aether felt something weird in his mind each time he used the system, causing him to not use it at all since he summoned the personnels.

But as the time passed, the feeling became too tempting, so he tried to go with the feeling.

Trying to 'activate' this part of his mind, the familiar blue numerical light appeared in his hand, taking the form of a magazine before disappearing.

"What the fuck was that ?" Aether couldn't comprehend what happened, he just summoned a magazine for his Glock 34, but without using the system.

The feeling was like when he moved a finger, or something similar, as if this capacity was a part of him, an extension of himself.

[And this is exactly what it is Host, do you remember when I said that the system was bound to the Host both physically and spiritually ?]

"So, the system is indeed a part of me ? But how did I did that ?" Aether was still confused about how he was able to summon equipment without the system.

[Let me explain Host, do you remember when I told you to use the system for your first time ? When you summoned your first Glock 34 with a magazine, it's imprinted the command in your brain, so that you don't have to open the system next time]