Chapter 2 : Ready to Depart

A/N : Remember the rules, the more comments I get, the more I'm motivated to continue to write.

---

"... Seventeen... Eighteen... Nineteen... And twenty" a soldier counted.

In front of the soldier, Aether was doing push-up as well as other exercises to strengthen himself.

Apparently, his past-self didn't work out that much compared to him, he was just doing enough to not gain weight. But in a zombie apocalypse, he had to become stronger if he wanted to survive.

So he asked to the soldiers about a good training regime to get results in a short span of time. At first, they thought about making him some running, as it strengthen the whole body and increase the endurance. But with the lack of space in the outpost and the danger outside, they gave up this possibility.

So they started with ten push-ups, twenty squats and thirty sit-ups. But after three days, the soldiers doubled those numbers to not let Aether get used to it.

This was a very painful training, but Aether preferred this pain rather than being eaten by a zombie.

It's been seven days since he have been transmigrated to this world, his soldiers have been cleaning the outpost from the remaining undead.

Finding a lot of blanket in a tent, they got the idea to cover the fence to be out of sight of the undead. The weak spots of the outpost were reinforced by utilitarian vehicles, and the tent that were useless were dismantled, giving more space for the soldiers.

Going back in his tent, Aether opened a notebook and started writing.

From what he knew, it was only three months since people started to come back as undead. Which mean that the society haven't completely disappeared.

Because let be honest, most movies and books that portray governments falling under weeks against zombies are unrealistic. Especially when it come to the United States, if you gather both their military-industrial complex and the fact that they are the kind to make plans for an alien invasion. You can be sure that they have a plan in case of a zombie apocalypse, and that they have the means to follow it.

Of course, most of the federal territory have escaped from the control of the government. But that doesn't meant it was anarchy everywhere. The states probably started to act in autonomy, concentrated into certain places to keep the control.

The National Guards of the states were surely already mobilized, some of the states were struggling more than other, but anarchy wasn't here yet.

But you can't be optimist for the rest of the world. Europe for example have little to no military capabilities when it come to large scale operation. No doubt that most of the European nations have already fallen.

Even Switzerland and the United Kingdom, they might be protected by the sea or the mountains, but we don't know how the infection work.

In Eastern Europe, the situation might be better. With the war in Ukraine, the countries at Russia's borders are better prepared for an event like that.

Unexpectedly, South America and Africa might be in a better position. Their high criminality and the permanent danger they live with might unexpectedly help them. Criminal organizations can resist better than the governments, but the lack of cohesion will surely trouble intel's sharing.

As for Asia, they are probably the countries that will suffer the most due to its high population. But at the same time, their numerous population can help them to maintain the control and some resources. So it will entirely depend on how they will act.