The Prophecy

QuillStar gazed up, it seemed as if stars seemed to danish among silverpelt. She sighed and shook away the thought. BatClaw seemed to act strangely after PebbleSteps exile. Perhaps PebbleStep had meant to kill them? For a reason? No, BatClaw wouldn't anything to give someone a reason to kill them. Never.

It had been a moon since PebbleSteps exile, and it seemed— quieter. A bad quiet. QuillStar sighed, jumping off the high rock as she went to her den.

As she lay in her nest, slowly driving off into sleep. She heard everything go dead silent, except for the sound of paw steps, echoing. She'd open her eyes, seeing the previous leader, TalonStar, standing before her in a massive field. Just the two of them.

QuillStar quickly dipped her head, TalonStar shook his head, forging her to look at him again. She noticed she wouldn't have a dream from starclan unless it was important and she felt her heart drop.

"QuillStar, greetings." TalonStar spoke. "In between StarClan and The Place Of No Stars, lies a warrior in your clan, capable of destruction. Turn your back, and may your clan fall to a horrible incurable curse."

TalonStar seemed to drift off in the wind. "No wait! I need to know more!" She yelped into the empty field. Sighing as she dipped her head with defeat. The dream drifting from her paws as soon as it had begun.

QuillStar opened her eyes, terrified about the prophecy given. The field was no longer there, only the mossy den walls as she stood, shaking a bit as she thought of PebbleStep, perhaps they weren't a harm to the clan? Perhaps they knew something she didn't.

She would trot over to the medicine den. SwanFeather looked up at her, puzzled by the worry on QuillStars face.

"Come in, come in." She rushed them into the back dens where they sat down. "What seems to be troubling you?" The old medicine cat would ask.

QuillStar sighed. "TalonStar came to me with a prophecy.. I'm not sure what it means.." she said.

"Well.. what did he say?" SwanFeather asked, the nervous look turning to her face.

"In between StarClan and The Place Of No Stars, lies a warrior in your clan, capable of destruction. Turn your back, and may your clan fall to a horrible incurable curse." QuillStar recited. A sigh escaping as she thought.

"Oh dear.." She glanced around. "You don't think it could be PebbleStep.. do you?" SwanFeather asked, her bushy tail sweeping the den floor.

"No.. I think it's BatClaw.. they were acting very strange after PebbleSteps exile." She would point out.

"I haven't noticed." SwanFeather admitted.

"Well, what should I do?" QuillStar asked hopefully.

"I'm not sure.."SwanFeather sighed, ducking her head.

"We can't let them stay, nor roam around the forest." QuillStar spoke.

SwanFeather lifted her head to gaze into QuillStars eyes, horrified by her own thoughts.

"What will you do then..?" She asked nervously.

"I'll have to sentence them to death.." she spoke with a shaky tone. Sighing at the thought of another warrior lost.

"You wouldn't-" SwanFeathers words were cut off by a shrill shriek in the clearing, followed by many paw steps. The first cat she saw was HorseTail. She ran up to the Tom.

"What happened?!" She hissed, looking ahead to see BatClaw in the middle of the circle, clutching their head with their claws in agony, blood spilled from the wounds as her claws raked along her head.

SwanFeather rushed over to the feline, who was still shrieking with pain. HorseThroat stood there frozen, a look of pure terror on their face as they spoke. "I-I don't know QuillStar! She just- collapsed and started clawing herself! Nobody could do anything to help!"

QuillStar nodded, rushing forward as her deputy stood above BatClaw, his ears pinned. "FrostedSnout!" She snarled. "Did you do this?!" She hissed.

"I would never!" He growled in a shocked tone.

QuillStar nodded, helping SwanFeather drag the shrieking feline into her den, out of the circle.

BatClaw twisted and turned as they dragged her into the den, scratching QuillStars shoulder. She didn't even notice the searing pain as it bled, just focusing on getting the cat inside. FrostedSnout came to help, eventually getting the cat inside.

As soon as they got inside, BatClaw passed out, blood pouring from various wounds on their head, fur torn out and bald patched appeared from where fur used to be. She sighed, just now realizing the deep pain in her shoulder. She shook it away, stepping out of the medicine den as to process what had happened.

FrostedSnout exited with her and they sat in silence for a bit, breathing hard. As for the other cats if the clan, continued to do their duties, worries looks on their faces as they did so. The kits were playing as if everything was fine.

"I'm sorry I accused you." QuillStar finally spoke, glancing at FrostedSnout.

He nodded. "It's fine."

"I got a prophecy from starclan.. I think this has something to do with it." She said, her voice shaking as she recited the prophecy.

FrostedSnout nodded, thinking it over. "In between StarClan and The Place Of No Stars.."
He mumbled, thinking hard. After a moment of silence, SwanFeather came to get them, FrostedSnout still thinking.

"BatClaw will live, but you must decide what to do with her.." SwanFeather spoke, her voice dry with exhaustion.

"When they wake up." QuillStar spoke. "I'll hold a meeting. BatClaw will be put to death."