Chapter Forty Seven

Start from the beginning

Finally? What did he mean finally?

I hesitantly shook his head but didn't say anything. What was I supposed to say? Nice to finally meet you too?

"I have heard so much about you." He told me warmly as he squeezed my hand.

Suspicion filled me as I dropped his hand. Who told him about me? Thalia? Vladamir? I doubt it was good things, especially if it was Thalia.

"Ivan." Thalia snapped causing him to look back at her and the two of them shared a look that I couldn't decipher. It was obvious that she didn't want him to continue talking and this situation was making her uncomfortable.

"I shall see you soon." Ivan nodded his head as he began to leave the kitchen. I was unsure why he thought we would see each other again, was he living here too?

I ignored Thalia as I raided the cupboard and filled my arms with as many chocolates and crisps as I could.

"Hungry?" She asked as she watched me.

Is she trying to make conversation with me? Is she doing that so I don't tell Vladamir about her and Ivan?

"Yep." I told her as I walked over to the American style fridge and pulled out a drink.

"I hope we can be friends Leah."

I paused what I was doing and turned to look at her again. She was leaning against the kitchen island, looking a lot more collected and calm than she did when I first came into the room. I don't think we could be friends, we could be civil but I doubt we could be friends. After all who wants to be friends with the girl your so-called mate wants to actually be with?

I let out a little laugh. "You and Vladamir both want to be mated to each other, I don't see how we can be friends."

"Do you love him?"

The question threw me off and I was completely baffled with the direction this conversation seemed to be heading.

"Excuse me?"

"Do you love Vladamir?" She repeated the question, this time slowly.

Did I love him? No I didn't, I didn't love Vladamir.

Doesn't mean you won't one day.

Ignoring my crazy thoughts I shook my head. "No I don't love him. We don't love each other."

Thalia's face softened. "There are a lot of things that you do not know Leah."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Oh yeah? Like what?"

Thalia crossed shook her head. "Goodnight Leah."

"Wait!" I had to know something before she went away and I lost the opportunity to ask her. "If you and Vladamir want to be mated to each other, why are you with Ivan? Does he know about what you and Vladmir planned to do?"

"Like I said, there are a lot of things you do not know." With that she sauntered out the room leaving me alone with my thoughts and the mountain of food I had gotten out to eat.

Grabbing a carrier bag, I tossed all the snacks into the bag and grabbed a couple of cold drinks out of the fridge. It was probably not a good idea to eat and drink all this in the middle of the night but I didn't care, I was in pain and very confused about the way things had panned out.

I didn't understand the situation with Vladamir and Thalia, did they have feelings for each other? Would Vladamir care if he saw Thalia with another man?

I remember the time the creep had approached me and Vladamir's reaction to him, he had killed him without hesitating. I didn't know Ivan but he seemed nice and he didn't deserve to die just because of his choice in a partner.