34 - Vikraal ( Edited POV )

Present

When I walked out of the tent, Akshat was having a hard time fighting off around fifty men who came at him from all directions. I went into a nearby tent and saw the occupants dropped dead on the ground with foam leaking out of their filthy mouths. My women did their job. They were here with the same poison lacing their bodies in case they accidentally got touched by these filth bags. They were here as the prize but they were death personified. Goddesses of death who came to take their dues and they did. Eight hundred women took life of the camps in the silent of the night. Taking down Karim was easy if the army was taken care of. And by the looks of it, my little Queens took very good care of the army. They went silently, seeing the faces of the women they had disgusting intentions for. Wasn't their death just so suitable and perfect ? Magnificent if I say so myself. The camps around were cleared. Karim put around thousand around him. Most of them commanders.

I hope my women were all safe and running home with our guards for the grounds were silent and still.

Apart from the irritating ruckus outside.

I grabbed two nasty looking swords and emerged out.

My laugh caught their attention. I showed all my teeth, blood still flew from the hit I've got but I was yet again consumed with bloodlust.

"Isn't that Rudraksh Rana's whore ?" That did it. Akshat transformed and I lunged towards the men, laughing.

"Man, I'd fuck that cunt dead. Let's get her !"

Play, Kashi.

About time, you stupid Queen.

Just like that I let her take control. I didn't transform. There was no way I was going to let their vile blood on my mouth. Kashi took entire control over me and started leaving a trail of blood, flesh and bone until there was nothing left.

I fell to the ground. Exhausted.

The silence was eerie.

"Brother Akshat ?"

Silence. I knew for a fact that he transformed back into his human form but he didn't answer. I remained there, on my knees, in the middle of the battlefield. Too exhausted to look up or make sense of what was happening. My body was shutting down and I couldn't decide where I felt the most pain. My body was numb.

"Akshat." My voice was cold and commanding.

No answer. I couldn't even feel him anymore. Did he....

I looked up and what leftover breath I had was knocked out of me.

Akshat was kneeling down in surrender to a beast.

A few metres away from me stood a beast the size of a horse, frozen to the ground. A monster. His predator eyes on me, red and angry. He was a midnight black wolf, eyes blood red and... Face of a monster. His teeth and canines were long, sharp and double in number. His fur was longer than a normal wolf's and his claws were the size of my hands.

Blood dripped from his open mouth.

There was a potent feeling brewing inside me. It started at the base of my spine before shooting up to my neck and wrapping around my throat.

I froze.

Mate.

Rudraksh.

He slowly prowled towards me. Carefully. A shout at my side and I realised we were not alone. "Be careful, Luna Rana ! That's Vikraal !" A man yelled, fear etched onto his face. Just like it was on the rest of the men and women and wolves. I could recognise Aarav and that's how long I looked at them before looking back at the majestic being in front of me.

I didn't move when he was inches away from me. I was crying at this point and I had no idea why. I couldn't embrace him. I had fragrant poison covering every inch of my arms and neck. I couldn't risk Sultan touching me even accidentally without facing consequences. His death came easy.

He let out a roar so loud and menacing, it shook the grounds and Akshat who was kneeling flattened himself to the ground. Completely surrendered. His men were on their knees. Everyone was on their knees.

And then Rudraksh flattened himself on the ground before me. He did nothing after. He just laid there. Completely surrendered to me. He didn't even try to curl against me, didn't touch me. White hot pain wrecked my chest. I dragged deep breaths.

I started rubbing behind his ears, running my fingers down his silk soft fur. He purred and groaned. He melted into my touch.

I froze when a rough male voice echoed through my mind. Rudraksh's wolf.

Shivanya.

Ru-Rudra ?

Yes. It's me, Love. Are you okay ? You shouldn't have come here.

I'm fine. And you ? Rudraksh ?

I... I don't know.

What do you mean you don't know ?

Silence.

Rudra ?!

I hardly feel him, darling. And I'm so mad at you right now. You and Kashi. So mad. So angry. So terrified. All I want to do is kill each and every soldier remaining. I want to kill Akshat Kedar. I want to kill Rashmi Kedar. I want to kill Damini Pandit. Then I would kill myself.

Rudra I'm completely okay. Look. Please calm down. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

I love you. I love you so much and I love her. She's shutting me out. She's too weak. You're too weak. How could you do this to us ?

I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

He's locked himself.

What ?!

Yes. I can't reach him. If he doesn't respond for long, it won't be possible to transform anytime soon. He does not want to come out. He's shutting himself.

No.

You must bring him back. We need to mark you because after this, I don't think we'll allow a single male breathe in your direction without our mark on you. Keep trying. I'm going now, he needs energy. I love you.

I love you. I love both of you.

I know.

Then he was gone. I took his head onto my lap. I didn't care who was watching or what was happening around me. All that mattered was him.

"Rudraksh ? Can you hear me ? Of course you do. I want to embrace you right now but... I have poison all over me. I couldn't let him touch me. I didn't. I killed him, Rudraksh. I killed him. I drove a knife through his throat and burned him in his own tent. I'm completely fine. But, My darling, I'm tired. I'm so tired. I need you. I need you to hold me. I need you to tell me how much you love me. I need you to kiss me. I need you to take me home. Please, Rudraksh, take me home. Please come back to me. You promised you would. Don't do this to me. I need you. Do you hear me ? I'm begging you and I command you. I let her out, My heart, don't you want to meet her ? I named her Kashi. She loves you so much you know ? She's shutting herself out. I'm exhausted, Rudraksh. I need you to come back to me now please."

Nothing.

Nothing happened.

He didn't move.

He didn't make a sound.

Infact, I didn't feel him.

I didn't feel Rudra.

His pulse was too slow.

No.

My sobs turned into wails.