20 - The Only Thing Important Is Her ( Edited POV )

"Dami Ma !" I rushed in through the stone walkway towards the front door.

Death dancing in my eyes, the beast inside me dug her claws into my very soul to set free but I held back. If I let her out... She will kill the witch and that was not what I wanted.

I needed her alive to make something.

"Damini Pandit !" I called, louder this time like a warning growl of a wounded animal and kicked the thick wooden door down which flew off it's hinges.

"Your Majesty," The elderly witch wrapped in an all black saree bowed down, terrified. When she looked up, she jumped back.

"What have you done ?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking abou--"

"What have you done ?!" The witch almost fell when my canines emerged and eyes turned golden enough to illuminate a dark room. I was furious and blinded by a rage so powerful... I was determined to kill a woman I grew up seeing as a mother.

"It had to be done." She slumped on the chair beside me, her eyes on the floor, her hand on her heart.

"I asked you to get sleep inducing herbs and not poison !"

"I did what needed to be done !" The foolish witch kept her ground and on top of that, did the mistake of angering my wolf more than she already was by raising her voice.

"You tried to kill my husband !"

"The husband that attacked your lands, the husband that killed your father, the husband who is siding with the Nagas, the husband who is a threat to Somm. I did what I saw fit."

"I will decide what is good for my goddamn Kingdom ! Not you ! Not anyone else !"

"Your father trusted you with m--"

"My father is gone ! If something happens to him.... I'd suggest you see yourself far away from here for I will come for you." I threatened in a voice so cold, I myself wasn't sure who was talking anymore. My wolf got a little control and she was pleased to see me doing what I was supposed to do.

"You are threatening me, Shivanya ? I am like your moth--"

"I will threaten the goddamn devil if he'll dare touch him. You are no mother to me ! Not when you tried to kill my mate, my husband, the biggest part of my soul. It's Queen to you. Now get on with the antidote." My voice now was no longer loud. It was a low warning growl that was terrifying enough to shake the witch for she flinched. I took a seat, something dark taking over my features, something menacing, something deadlier than a second before.

"But... I don't th--"

"The antidote. Now !"

"I will n--"

"The antidote, Damini Pandit or I will not hesitate to sanction your execution for treason and attempt to murder of your King." That seemed to sway the witch as she stood up and made her way to the carved wooden almirah where she kept her potions. She took five bottles and a bowl. After closing it, she walked back to the chair and started mixing vile looking liquids.

"He is not my King. He never will be. Make sure to mix it with fresh cow milk before giving it to him. If the milk is not fresh than it will not work." She muttered as she poured the bowl's contents into a small glass bottle and handed it to me.

"What kind of poison was it ?" I inspected it and sniffed to make sure it had no traces of silver or wolfsbane. I remembered his eyes, face, the burn of his body... The pain he might have endured.

"A deadly kind."

"What is it doing to him ?"

"Hurting him. Inflicting excruciating pain, a pain that feels like a thousand needles digging into your body with each breath you take. With constant fever, the poison slowly sucks away the victim's life. I wanted him dead but I also wanted him to suffer. Not many can survive for more than two days. With the strength of the formula, I'd be surprised if the Alpha is still breathing." In a flash I was up and on the witch. My fist enclosed around the woman's throat and my canines emerged. I snarled, daring the woman to utter a word further.